A
Amazon
Guest
What’s a good reason to become a Catholic?
Besides, it’s the Truth, which any religion can say, can you post a real reason?There is only one reason to become Catholic: because it is the Truth…
Would you rather have a lot of small reasons, or a few REALLY big ones?I was really expecting a lot more reasons.
Christ Himself founded our Church, in person, when He walked the Earth, and we have stood firm to those traditions ever since. Our Church was founded, not by men, but by God, in person. If that’s not a good enough reason then I’m really not sure what is.I was really expecting a lot more reasons.
The Eucharist!
The true presence of Christ in the Eucharist. To be truly in the presence of love. Now that is really something.
For me it is because I would rather experienceWhat’s a good reason to become a Catholic?
More important is we remember we are Christians first, and the Body of Christ is not exclusively made up of Catholics!What’s a good reason to become a Catholic?
The Catholic Church is not simply another Christian denomination. We are the one true Church, and the others are our separated brethren. So no, we do not think of ourselves as Christians first and Catholics second. We are the one true Church founded by Christ, from which others have moved away through schism.More important is we remember we are Christians first, and the Body of Christ is not exclusively made up of Catholics!
With all due respect to your opinion, I think Vatican Ii would disagree with you, and would be interested in what the Holy Father might say…such attitude might be argued as leaning towards a lack of humility ala the Pharisees as depicted in the Gospel.The Catholic Church is not simply another Christian denomination. We are the one true Church, and the others are our separated brethren. So no, we do not think of ourselves as Christians first and Catholics second. We are the one true Church founded by Christ, from which others have moved away through schism.
Yes, all baptised Christians are part of the Body of Christ on Earth, but there is only one true Church and that Church is Catholic.
I would be interested in finding out where the V2 documents say this; perhaps you would be kind enough to post those quotes or sources in another thread so we don’t derail Amazon’s thread (which is also against CAF rules)?With all due respect to your opinion, I think Vatican Ii would disagree with you, and would be interested in what the Holy Father might say…such attitude might be argued as leaning towards a lack of humility ala the Pharisees as depicted in the Gospel.
What’s a good reason to become a Catholic?
Well, gee, you asked for “a reason”… we are very literal here!I was really expecting a lot more reasons.