J
Jabronie
Guest
Just curious. I’m really even sure what Masons do, but I know Catholics shouldn’t join their club. Could someone clarify? Thanks!
Because the Masons are an Anti-Catholic organization. Their stated purpose is to destroy the Catholic Church.Just curious. I’m really even sure what Masons do, but I know Catholics shouldn’t join their club. Could someone clarify? Thanks!
CUSTODI DI QUELLA FEDE
What is your source???
Unlike most religious groups, Masons will accept practising Catholics as members. Therefore Rome has to judge whether the society is one which Catholics can be allowed to join.Just curious. I’m really even sure what Masons do, but I know Catholics shouldn’t join their club. Could someone clarify? Thanks!
Ask him for the specific documentation stating that this happend. It seems to me that the burden of proof is on him in this case.Thank you for those answers!
My brother tells me that the encyclical condemnation was rescinded by the Vatican in the 1960’s. Is this true?
"The Church has imposed the penalty of excommunication on Catholics who become Freemasons. The penalty of excommunication for joining the Masonic Lodge was explicit in the 1917 code of canon law (canon 2335), and it is implicit in the 1983 code (canon 1374).Thank you for those answers!
My brother tells me that the encyclical condemnation was rescinded by the Vatican in the 1960’s. Is this true?
Historically many “progressive” secular movements in Europe and Mexico have been backed by Freemanson groups. St. Maximilain Kolbe was a first hand witness to this."Because the Masons are an Anti-Catholic organization. Their stated purpose is to destroy the Catholic Church."
What is your source for basing this statement???
Hello,Just curious. I’m really even sure what Masons do, but I know Catholics shouldn’t join their club. Could someone clarify? Thanks!
CUSTODI DI QUELLA FEDE
ENCYCLICAL OF POPE LEO XIII
ON FREEMASONRY
There is also a CDF document from 2000? That reafirms this and re-states the prohibition for Catholics to be in any way associated with them.
Historically many “progressive” secular movements in Europe and Mexico have been backed by Freemanson groups. St. Maximilain Kolbe was a first hand witness to this.
The Pope condemns Freemasonry based off of its own documents, which were discovered in 1785. (These documents are still available for viewing in Munich.) They reveal that one of the main goals of masonry is to destroy all religions.If not - why accept the Pope’s description of Freemasonry ? He was not writing from personal experience;
My father was a freemason, a Christian and an active member of the Methodist Church during the time he was Grand Master of the local Masonic Temple. He certainly did not want to destroy all religions.The Pope condemns Freemasonry based off of its own documents, which were discovered in 1785. (These documents are still available for viewing in Munich.) They reveal that one of the main goals of masonry is to destroy all religions.