M
Momof7
Guest
Thank you all for answers.
I am currently pregnant with our 7th child. Obviously, my husband and I have been open and accepting of children, but they are all very close in age. I am currently 38 years old and will be having my 5th cesarian in the past 6 years. Due to an abruption, I was not allowed to attempt a natural delivery after my initial c section, and now my doctors are seriously pushing me to get a tubal. To be honest, I would really like to. No method of family planning has worked, and we have done nfp with a teacher for 3 years. I had 2 babies in that timeframe. We have tried others methods of birth control (yes I know it’s a sin, and I’ve already taken care of that) and none of them worked— either I got pregnant anyway, or they made me VIOLENTLY sick, even suicidal.
I have previously been advised to simply abstain, but I fail to see how that is a long term solution for a married couple. None of the women in my family have hit menopause until their late 50s, and many had babies well into their 40s. The risks of serious complications, even death, for me and the baby go up exponentially with each surgery. The idea of having to abstain for the next 15-20 years is not at all appealing to my husband or I.
In these situations, why is it not advisable to go ahead and get the tubal? I want to be true to my Catholic beliefs, but I want to live and see my children grow.
I am currently pregnant with our 7th child. Obviously, my husband and I have been open and accepting of children, but they are all very close in age. I am currently 38 years old and will be having my 5th cesarian in the past 6 years. Due to an abruption, I was not allowed to attempt a natural delivery after my initial c section, and now my doctors are seriously pushing me to get a tubal. To be honest, I would really like to. No method of family planning has worked, and we have done nfp with a teacher for 3 years. I had 2 babies in that timeframe. We have tried others methods of birth control (yes I know it’s a sin, and I’ve already taken care of that) and none of them worked— either I got pregnant anyway, or they made me VIOLENTLY sick, even suicidal.
I have previously been advised to simply abstain, but I fail to see how that is a long term solution for a married couple. None of the women in my family have hit menopause until their late 50s, and many had babies well into their 40s. The risks of serious complications, even death, for me and the baby go up exponentially with each surgery. The idea of having to abstain for the next 15-20 years is not at all appealing to my husband or I.
In these situations, why is it not advisable to go ahead and get the tubal? I want to be true to my Catholic beliefs, but I want to live and see my children grow.
Last edited: