G
gilliam
Guest
Why Did Deep Throat Leak?
**Hint: It wasn’t out of a sense of patriotism.
**By Jack Shaferslate.msn.com/id/2120148/
**Hint: It wasn’t out of a sense of patriotism.
**By Jack Shaferslate.msn.com/id/2120148/
Right. And, that it wasn’t REALLY about ethics. It was about payback.For the money honey. Frankly I am glad his identity and his motivations are known prior to his death. It certainly puts a new spin on the whole Watergate issue.
No it wasn’t then and isn’t now. I understand they already have a book coming out. Sadly I feel like the Lone Ranger just had his mask pulled. After three decades of lionizing Deep Throat as single handedly saving our country, I realize he was a petty bureaucrat with his undies in a wad when passed over for promotion.Right. And, that it wasn’t REALLY about ethics. It was about payback.
Yes, at least Nixon humbly resigned when he realized he had disgraced his office.Or maybe, just maybe, there was some small thread of dignity deep down within the bowels of the Nixon administration.
Josh
Without Nixon on board???Yes, at least Nixon humbly resigned when he realized he had disgraced his office.
Trivia quiz question I once read in a pilot magazine: “Air Force One” is the aircraft the president rides in. However, at any given time that President Bush is on the ground, AF1 has logged one more takeoff than landing. Does anybody want to guess how that happened?
Alan
As a child of God, you already are a prize!Stole this from Wikipedia:
In 1974, when Richard M. Nixon resigned the presidency and departed from Andrews AFB on Air Force One, it was arranged that the plane’s call sign would switch from Air Force One to SAM (Special Air Mission) designation (SAM 27000) the moment Gerald Ford took the oath of office.
Do I get a prize?
Josh
Lisa, you sure are on Mark Felt’s case, though you have no factual basis that he was so disappointed in not being made FBI Director that he then helped to stop the criminal conspiracy of Nixon and Henchment to corrupt the FBI and disrupt the investigation of Watergate. Your “understanding” of the situtation is different from that of the actual atmosphere in Washington at the time - everyone realized Nixson would rush to appoint “his man” to head the FBI. Which he did in the person of Patrick Gray who soon disgraced himself by joining the conspiracy. That’s fact, not speculation.No it wasn’t then and isn’t now. I understand they already have a book coming out. Sadly I feel like the Lone Ranger just had his mask pulled. After three decades of lionizing Deep Throat as single handedly saving our country, I realize he was a petty bureaucrat with his undies in a wad when passed over for promotion.
Lisa N
It is obvious to me that he did not do it out of a sense of loyalty to the country, if that were the case he would have followed the chain of command or at least gone to congress with his findings. So any speculation as to why he did it is just that speculation, I personally believe he did it to get back at Nixon. You are free to believe what you want.Lisa, you sure are on Mark Felt’s case, though you have no factual basis that he was so disappointed in not being made FBI Director that he then helped to stop the criminal conspiracy of Nixon and Henchment to corrupt the FBI and disrupt the investigation of Watergate. Your “understanding” of the situtation is different from that of the actual atmosphere in Washington at the time - everyone realized Nixson would rush to appoint “his man” to head the FBI. Which he did in the person of Patrick Gray who soon disgraced himself by joining the conspiracy. That’s fact, not speculation.