J
josh987654321
Guest
x2Pulvis at #13 above has an excellent answer, IMO.
x2Pulvis at #13 above has an excellent answer, IMO.
Amen.I haven’t read the topic, I’m just offering my own view. IGNORE this if it’s already been said.
Why does God suggest we don’t judge? Because it goes against everything that Christianity and morality stands on. We are here to serve, not to judge. Judgement comes from pride, one of the seven deadly sins. It’s also hypocritical, because we were all born sinners and will always sin. Who are we to tell people what they’re doing is wrong if we ourselves don’t hold a standard?
A lot of these issues cross-over into social problems as well. Hypocrisy, pride, double-standards etc are all gateways to ruin your social life. They’re unhealthy habits which can and will go as far as destroying your friendship, marriage, social standing, etc. I have big executives at work who don’t feel comfortable having lunch with the rest of the employees. They’re afraid of being seen with the middle-class, or talking to them. They put themselves above them, and because of that they’re not well received by any of them. They’re clearly drunk on their own ego. It causes way too many issues, least of all getting fired.
Humility is the greatest virtue of a man. Read up on St Francis. He was obsessed with putting himself below others. He considered himself the biggest sinner, and literally put himself through pain and discomfort to ensure he never puts himself above anyone else. This allowed him to put others first, and lead a life of service and holiness.
In modern-day terms, people judge because they’re full of pride and agendas. I used to be quick to point out wrongdoings as well, because I thought it would help those people. It doesn’t. I’ve been struggling for years to shake my sinful ways, and I’m still trying. I’m getting there, slowly. If I want anything from God, it’s patience and forgiveness. If I can’t show other people that, what right do I have to be shown it? Any time I feel I should put someone down for their sins, I think of my own impurities. All the times I failed God, and all the times I will fail God in the future. The only thing I will have to show God when He calls me is that I led a life of forgiving people and showing them patience. That’s all I have.