C
cindydanleo
Guest
It really upsets me how much people hate Catholics. Why is this? It doesn’t matter how often you explain the common misunderstandings (ie Mary, Papal infallibility, prayer to Saints and on and on)…people just hate us. The comments on Yahoo News about Pope John Paul II beatification are beyond terrible. Vicious remarks about priests, the Vatican, Catholics in general are rampant. I deal with it everyday at local home school groups. Most of the mothers are evangelical and as soon as they find out I’m Catholic…its like I’m the outcast. A few people are “tolerant” of my religion but it is as if they think of me an ignorant child who needs to be “taught the truth”. Everyone assumes that I am a cradle Catholic. “oh you were indoctrinated as as child” they nod knowing …Nope, I converted about 6 years ago, I say. They are shocked that an otherwise intelligent person would be so stupid to join the “Catholics” as an adult.
Anyway…This just really depresses me and weighs on my heart. It saddens me that my 5 year old son is going to be noticing soon and start asking questions. I just don’t understand the anger…for example. There is a home school mother that I see alot and she is very nice but she often brings up that I should be raising my son in a more “Christ Centered Church.” I explain that everything about our Church is Christ-centered and her response is (and this is normally a mild sweet woman)…oh do you consider raping boys and worshipiing idols Christ centered? Then she gestured toward my crucifix necklace as being an idol. Agggghhh Can you please explain this to me or give me some advice?
God Bless,
Cynthia
Anyway…This just really depresses me and weighs on my heart. It saddens me that my 5 year old son is going to be noticing soon and start asking questions. I just don’t understand the anger…for example. There is a home school mother that I see alot and she is very nice but she often brings up that I should be raising my son in a more “Christ Centered Church.” I explain that everything about our Church is Christ-centered and her response is (and this is normally a mild sweet woman)…oh do you consider raping boys and worshipiing idols Christ centered? Then she gestured toward my crucifix necklace as being an idol. Agggghhh Can you please explain this to me or give me some advice?
God Bless,
Cynthia