K
Kat127
Guest
Being a Catholic isn’t a title. That’s like saying I can be German just because I happen to think beer is cool and I like the language. Most Germans would agree that does not a German make.You need to decide on your own if you are truly Catholic or if your beliefs are not fully represented by the title. Don’t let fundamentalists tell you that you have to agree with everything to call yourself Catholic. I’ve met a self-proclaimed “Jewish-Catholic-Wiccan.” She’s still a part of the church, regardless of what those here would tell you.
There are some core beliefs that you must obey to be a Catholic of good standing. To put yourself under the Authority of Rome (which is what you do when you call yourself Catholic) and to be cavalier about those core beliefs is very dangerous. It is dangerous to the person and it is dangerous to the Church.
There is a difference between Franny who is struggling with doubt and the teachings of the Church and someone that outright rejects the core beliefs. The Church treats them differently.
You say you respect the Church’s stance on the Eucharist. Thank you for that. But please also consider not encouraging those who are not German from holding themselves out to be German.