C
clmowry
Guest
In general, how does this position differ substantially from: “I Trust in Him that I’ll decide correctly what I should believe”?
But specifically with regard to the NT canon: Have you ever questioned that the contents of your bible are anything other than “Scripture.”
How precisely did He convince you that these writings are an inerrant record of the Gospel message?
Chuck
But specifically with regard to the NT canon: Have you ever questioned that the contents of your bible are anything other than “Scripture.”
How precisely did He convince you that these writings are an inerrant record of the Gospel message?
Chuck
You trust Him.
Do you trust Him on your own? No. Faith is a gift from God. How do you know you believe? Well, you see that you do believe, and a minute ago you know you did not. What if you are wrong, and you believe falsely? Then you trust Him to make it right. There may be other "what if"s and the answer is always to trust Him. People fail you, but God does not. What if something happens that make it looks like He failed you? You still trust him. Is life hard? Trust him. Put those faith muscles to work. Trust Him. Pray for more faith. Talk to other believers. Read the Bible back to God. I ask God to show me what to do. Sometimes I get a logical answer. Sometimes I think He does not answer and things go wrong so I will trust Him. Sometimes I find out later He answered but it was in an entirely different way than I expected.
I cannot perceive reality on my own very well. I can be misled and deceived by others smarter and bigger than I am. I am one small weak girl in a big bad world. Without God there is no hope and no future except to be someone’s lunch or trophy. He is my defender, shield, ally, hope, future, riches, against which nothing compares. All is mirage and shadow in comparison. He alone is worthy of my trust.
God gave me faith. It was supernatural and I can’t really explain it. All I can do is mutter like this incoherently.
-Tina “Barely a Candle in the Darkness” G