R
rlg94086
Guest
Okay. So, how do you think God chooses His Elect? Is it just random?Yup, I would be a five pointer calvinist.![]()
Okay. So, how do you think God chooses His Elect? Is it just random?Yup, I would be a five pointer calvinist.![]()
No one can answer that. However, you can know if you are elect.Okay. So, how do you think God chooses His Elect? Is it just random?
Yay! Iâm electâŚso are 99% of all Catholics and Christians! See how simple that was?No one can answer that. However, you can know if you are elect.
Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
:extrahappy:Yay! Iâm electâŚso are 99% of all Catholics and Christians! See how simple that was?
Now, you canât say any Christian faith leads people to hell.
Shhh! Iâm being ecumenically euphoric right nowâŚdonât rain on my parade.:extrahappy:
Wait, thatâs just one verse. What about all the other stuff, like, John 6:53
*Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. *And the whole discourse on eating his body and drinking his blood?
What about James 2:14-22?
*14 *
*What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? *
*15 *
*If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, *
*16 *
*and one of you says to them, âGo in peace, keep warm, and eat well,â but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it? *
*17 *
*So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead. *
*18 *
*Indeed someone might say, âYou have faith and I have works.â Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works. *
*19 *
*You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble. *
*20 *
*Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless? *
***21 ***
***Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? ***
***You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works. ***22
Is this the reason ML originally removed the book of James on the basis it was âstrawey?â
Sometimes Truth is hard to quantify, itâs a mystery, but we cannot eliminate inconvenient facts to fit our theology. my:twocents:
Itâs probably just an oversightHi
I am Catholic and I get annoyed when I see on other forums other Christians saying Catholicism leads to hell.
Why do they say this?
Please reassure me because sometimes I get worried about it,.
Hmmm, you seem to have more than your share of difficulty quantifying truth.Is this the reason ML originally removed the book of James on the basis it was âstrawey?â
Sometimes Truth is hard to quantify, itâs a mystery, but we cannot eliminate inconvenient facts to fit our theology. my:twocents:
Itâs offensive to Catholics too.Hmmm, you seem to have more than your share of difficulty quantifying truth.
I thought it was offensive to RCâs when non catholics misrepresent their faith.![]()
And yet you state Martin Luther removed the Book of James out of the bible, which is clearly not true.Itâs offensive to Catholics too.![]()
What do you think?KayceeâŚI see that your signature is: âActs 16:30 What must I do to be saved? They said, Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.â
Does this mean if I believe in the Lord Jesus that my Atheist, blasphemous, God-hating non-repentant brother that lives in my household will be saved?
He wanted to remove it, and did remove it, but was persuaded by his peers to put it back where it belonged.And yet you state Martin Luther removed the Book of James out of the bible, which is clearly not true.![]()
Your answer is ânoâ then?What do you think?
Certainly when read in context the meaning is clear.
Act 16:34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household
Hi kaycee,What do you think?
Certainly when read in context the meaning is clear.
Act 16:34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household
Sorry, I donât see the relationship of Jesus touching children being relevant to infant baptism. It appears that children were acceptable to Him without baptism.Hi kaycee,
I have a follow-up questionâŚand Iâm not just being argumentative, I am really curious as to the way this is answered by a five-point Calvinist.
One of the âproblemsâ non-Catholics have with the Catholic Church is the baptism of infants.
Since,
- âwhole householdâ is mentioned in more than one place in the Bible and Jesus encouraged people who brought their infants to touch him (Luke 18:15-17)
Well, infant baptism isânt biblical as there are no instances of it recorded in scripture.And,
2) Faith and Grace are gifts from God
What is the issue with infant baptism from a biblical sense?
My answer is no. Isânt that your answer as well?Your answer is ânoâ then?
What do you think?
Certainly when read in context the meaning is clear.
Act 16:34 And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household
It would be so much nicer if people would just answer the question instead of playing guessing games. No wonder there is so much misunderstanding in the world.Your answer is ânoâ then?
What about adult baptism, do you think it is necessary?Well, infant baptism isânt biblical as there are no instances of it recorded in scripture.
AhâŚthe absence of evidence argument. Thanks for responding. I thought you might have something more substantial, but I appreciate the effort.Sorry, I donât see the relationship of Jesus touching children being relevant to infant baptism. It appears that children were acceptable to Him without baptism.
Well, infant baptism isânt biblical as there are no instances of it recorded in scripture.
In one instance in Scripture where it says, âhouseholdsâ you acknowledge that infants/children are/could be included and in the next instance in Scripture where it says, âhouseholdsâ you say infants/children are not included. Thatâs not very consistent is it? Correct me if Iâm wrong, but I think that was the point of ârlg94086âsâ question.Sorry, I donât see the relationship of Jesus touching children being relevant to infant baptism. It appears that children were acceptable to Him without baptism.
Well, infant baptism isânt biblical as there are no instances of it recorded in scripture.