Hi
I am Catholic and I get annoyed when I see on other forums other Christians saying Catholicism leads to hell.
Why do they say this?
Please reassure me because sometimes I get worried about it,.
The short answer is because they hold to the claim that we are saved by “faith alone”.
If faith is accompanied by anything else, it is not “alone”, thus, we must not be saved, so are hellbound. :bigyikes:
JMTosh & MFM reflect this outlook quite well, even if they deny saying that Catholics are hellbound.
Did I ever tell you that you are going to hell?
Not outright, but your constant insistence on anti-catholic claims that “prove” we are “apostate” & “blasphemous” certainly do so in a passive-aggressive way, especially given your imperviousness to those who have repeatedly provided answers to your objections.
If you trust in good works for salvation, trust in the doctrines of men that are contrary to scripture or trust in the membership of a church then whether you are Catholic, Protestant or scythian you will. If you trust solely on Christ and His sacrifice for your sins on your behalf you shall be saved.
Here we return, as usual to the insistence on “faith alone”, which is the basis for Protestant belief in whether anyone is going o heaven or hell.
Pardon me, machine gun Kelley, but perhaps I can offer a few answers to your plethora of objections to our “BLASPHEMOUS APOSTASY & EVIL”!!!
**The use & veneration of images, including the crucifix **
If Catholics are guilty of idolatry for the existence of images, so are Protestants, with their reverence for the empty cross. (Or are only
Catholic images & items “idolatrous”?

)
Catholics don’t worship the crucifix – Christ came to die, not to live. The crucifix reminds us that His death on the cross was the atoning sacrifice that purchased our redemption, not his resurrection!
catholic.com/library/Do_Catholics_Worship_Statues.asp
Prayer to Mary & the saints
First, scripture doesn’t define spiritism, but the dictionary does: “Spiritism” is the belief that the dead communicate with the living.
That noted, Protestants believe that the saints in heaven are dead, while Catholics recognize that “He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” If one dies in Christ & goes to heaven, are they dead or alive?
Prayer is not worship, and we are exhorted by Paul to pray for one another, & to ask for others to pray for us. The other members of the body of Christ, including those in Heaven, can also pray with & for us.
catholic.com/library/Praying_to_the_Saints.asp
Normally I ask the living on earth to pray for me.
Your loss. “
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful & effective.” (James 5:16)
I’d be willing to bet that Mary & the saints in heaven are a bit more righteous than me or anyone of the other people living on earth are. After all, nothing unclean will enter heaven, right?
I have read more than Chick Tracts!!!
Apparently, you have only read more anti-Catholic nonsense than Chick Tracts. Your statement that he is “a bit of a cowboy” is an insult to real cowboys, who typically
KNOW what they are talking about.
Purgatory
catholic.com/library/Purgatory.asp
Priestly celibacy
Priests are required to voluntarily take a vow of celibacy before ordination, and only in the Latin Rite. Nonetheless, there are married priests in all rites, including the Latin Rite.
The woman in Rev 12
Given that she is clothed with the sun, & crowned with 12 stars, with the moon at her feet, I don’t think this lady is the maid!
Genesis 37:9 has nothing to do with this.
Rev. 12:5
“
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.”
Who might that child be? Who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter”? Rev. 19:15-16 shows that it is Jesus. Come to think of it, I believe that Jesus was also “snatched up to God and to His throne” at the ascension.
Who gave birth to Jesus?
Cheers,
Chris