Why do "some" or "many" Protestants have a visceral HATRED of the Catholic Church?

• Thread starter Thread starter K9Buck
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
John 20:21-23 :

Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

I think a lot of “hating” is self-defense. It is a way to justify getting out of a situation. If you are merciful about the situation you left, you can feel afraid that you sound like you over-reacted or left for light reasons.

It can be traumatic to leave a local church community; the stronger the connections, the harder it is. It isn’t surprising that the emotions are very powerful in those who did it.

Last edited:
I think a lot of “hating” is self-defense. It is a way to justify getting out of a situation
I agree! The only exception are those that faced physical abuse from someone in leadership…and even then, blaming the whole church makes no sense but I can understand it, nonetheless.
It can be traumatic to leave a local church community; the stronger the connections, the harder it is. It isn’t surprising that the emotions are very powerful in those who did it.
Been there, did that but never felt any hatred at all! That’s why I have difficulty with others that show hatred. I loved my faith, I just lost my belief so I assume that’s one big difference. I had no personal experiences that would have led me to hatred…nothing but love for them.

your words throughout the thread are enough witness.
Show me where i said that ALL Protestants dislike the Catholic Church. I don’t think that I said such. I believe that you have misquoted me.

Think about this: is there any institution that you yourself hate? If so, then examine your reasons and compare those reasons with the one’s Protestants latch onto.

In my view all institutions are liable to problems. But some people think theirs ought to be exempt from criticism.

I think so long as an institution is not inherently evil, well, it has the right to reform itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back