I
Ignatius
Guest
Re: Why do we “care” that Mary was always a virgin?I hear it a lot “Ever Virgin”
Because the Truth is important.
Re: Why do we “care” that Mary was always a virgin?I hear it a lot “Ever Virgin”
It seems to me that you have this reversed. Mary is sinless to start with, not because she remained a virgin. She is the Immaculate Conception. And because she belongs to God, of course she gave herself to no man.I have read everyone’s post, but I still find that the last point is true - suggesting that Mary was sinless because she remained a virgin suggested that not being a virgin is sinfull - but she was married.
=LemonAndLime;7470420]I hear it a lot “Ever Virgin” - why did Mary never have children after Jesus? Why wouldn’t she?
If she didn’t and never had intercourse with Joseph after Jesus’ birth, why is it important that she was always a virgin? Is virginity that special, that its better to be a virgin?
WELCOME HOME!I ask this because a friend asked me “Why do Christians go on about Mary being a virgin so much? Doesn’t imply that women having sex is bad, and virginity is better?”
GOOD MEMORY!=Holly3278;7856150]Didn’t Saint Paul at some place in the Bible mention that he would like all people to be celibate like him?