Why does Catholicism make more sense to you than any other religion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bclustr9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bclustr9

Guest
I’ve never discovered another religion that quite has what Catholicism has.
 
Last edited:
Furthermore, remain with the Church despite the scandals?
Because it’s not about making sense or about its leaders. It’s whether or not it teaches the truth.

If it indeed teaches the truth, then one is obligated to stay, because the scandals are not a reflection of the Church. Such people betray the Church, the truth she teaches, and her Founder.

I have long learned that my faith is not in priests and people, but in Jesus Christ and his promises.

That’s why scandals, while discouraging, are never a reason to leave the Church.
 
Scandals should NEVER be a deciding factor in seeking the truth. What do the actions or inaction of some fellow sinner have to do with my eternity and my search for truth?
 
This post should be cut and pasted in every thread where someone speaks about leaving the Catholic church because of scandal.

Thank you for your wise words.
 
I find other christian denominations to be too rigid or, if not rigid, light on the pomp and circumstance. I find eastern religions to be more to my liking politically but it is too confusing, with no real uniform answers. This Pope has restored my hope that Catholicism can change and fit a variety of people and lifestyles.
 
Last edited:
Because in no other religion does God Himself enter human history to serve as a perfect example for us. And in no other religion the founder, the inner circle and thousands of followers get persecuted and killed for 300 years, and still becomes a true universal religion.
 
Plus many scandals were in the past. As the Church has become aware, it has made great leaps in protections. It is very safe now that clericalization is less of a problem.
 
Only religion founded by Jesus Christ

Judaism would be only alternative but I’ve been recently reading OT and there is no way I’d be able to adhere to even 5% of those rules. I would fail massively, speaking for myself
 
Yeah Judaism has always interested me. But I dont think you have to follow all those rules. I dont know many who do!
 
For me, the Catholic tradition is the only tradition that resembles a transfigured Israel. All others fall short in too many ways.
 
Jewish history, the resurrection of Christ, apostolic succession…
 
I always look to the Eucharistic Miracle of Buenos Aires if I’m doubtful. The best proof out there in my mind!
 
As a cradle Catholic, baptized as an infant, First Communion as a child then essentially nothing after that with regards to the Catholic church and faith, I attended Southern Baptist churches through middle and high school then back to no church involvement for the next 35 years other than observation.

My “testimonial” I guess with regards to the question of why Catholicism makes more sense is:
  • origins of the Church as laid out in the Holy Bible (with specific references to St. Peter)
  • the Church upon which Christ founded (recognizing the Orthodox Church as another legitimate claim to the title)
  • the Catholic church spawned several insubordinate denominations, all of which I believe to be illegitimate
  • the Catholic church maintains a strict doctrine and faith through catechism
  • Apostolic succession
  • Latin Vulgate
  • Martin Luther’s thesis which I think maybe has been, was, or could have been misinterpreted or perverted
  • witness of miracles that cannot be discounted
  • a clear plan of instruction for its members and doctrine
I guess that’s a start
 
I can never wrap my head around why People leave the Catholic Church to either build their own or join another denomination I,E Lutheran, Pentecostal, Mormon etc. Imagine joining a church that was founded 500-800 years after Christ and the Apostles and following a doctrine that is clearly not inspired by the Holy Spirit but by misled men and basically misinterpreted scripture. Catholicism IS Christianity. At it’s very core it’s the one religion that holds true to the traditions of old and going back to the old and new Testament. Judaism I see as an elder sibling since It came first. Doing research on the saints and you see they were ACTUAL people from all walks of life - rich and poor, intelligent and uneducated. Also theres historical prevalence that Jesus was a real figure and that his crucifixion actually happened!

Not to mention the hundreds and hundreds of miracles recorded throughout the 2000 history of the Church and I am more than convinced that the Father has truly given us not an organized religion like this barren, immoral and lost world claims but an actual family and way to heaven
 
The short story or the long story? The short story is that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. If this is true, then the Church He set up best reflects Christianity. One, holy, catholic, apostolic.

Every other church begin because men had a dispute about something. Some churches begin over very petty disputes. And we have the ‘universality’ to show for it; we transcend nationality, race, and culture like no other but at the same time our church weaves within it.

Of course, there are many other reasons but that’s mostly what does it for me. Spiritual home with God, what more could we ask for?
 
The Church is incarnational in all she practices and preaches unified in the Eucharist through the Holy Spirit in the bond of peace and the only one that actually believes the body of Christ is an incarnational mystery living in us unifying is with God.

Peace and God Bless
Nicene
 
Last edited:
I’m a convert from a non-Christian religion. I always knew, that if I was going to be a Christian, it would have to be Catholic, because that’s the Church that Jesus founded as a matter of historical fact. That’s something the Anglicans and Orthodox will argue, but it’s true.
 
It would depend on whether the Jewish community is orthodox, conservative or reform, as to how stringent the rules are and how strictly one is expected to adhere to them. My understanding is that reform Judaism is the most liberal, orthodox the most strict, and conservative Judaism somewhere in between.

The Catholic Church was founded by Christ. All of the Protestant denominations came afterward, as the result of the Reformation, and have splintered off in all different directions.

It makes the most sense to go back to the tree’s main taproot, that houses the original store of nourishment and life-giving energy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top