S
sadiebelle
Guest
I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
Because we need Him. Adam basically created unbelief. By rejecting Gods authority he rejected God as his God; Adam became his own God. All humankind thereafter was born without the direct knowledge of and relationship with God that Adam first enjoyed; we were lost, rudderless, going our own way, doing what is right in our own eyes, without knowing where we came from, if anywhere, what we were here for, if anything, and where we are going, if anywhere. Jesus came to bring us back home, back to the Father, revealing Him to us and reconciling Him with us, so we may commune with Him again.I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
Well, you recall how Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eve. Then, they were both told not to eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, but they disobeyed God and were prideful, wanting to be gods, themselves.I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
Your religion says “letting go of God”. Is that your journey? Or are you really trying to understand why God cares about us?I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.

299 Because God creates through wisdom, his creation is ordered: "You have arranged all things by measure and number and weight."151 The universe, created in and by the eternal Word, the “image of the invisible God”, is destined for and addressed to man, himself created in the “image of God” and called to a personal relationship with God.152 Our human understanding, which shares in the light of the divine intellect, can understand what God tells us by means of his creation, though not without great effort and only in a spirit of humility and respect before the Creator and his work.153 Because creation comes forth from God’s goodness, it shares in that goodness - "and God saw that it was good. . . very good"154- for God willed creation as a gift addressed to man, an inheritance destined for and entrusted to him. On many occasions the Church has had to defend the goodness of creation, including that of the physical world.155
God transcends creation and is present to it
300 God is infinitely greater than all his works: "You have set your glory above the heavens."156 Indeed, God’s “greatness is unsearchable”.157 But because he is the free and sovereign Creator, the first cause of all that exists, God is present to his creatures’ inmost being: "In him we live and move and have our being."158 In the words of St. Augustine, God is “higher than my highest and more inward than my innermost self”.159
God upholds and sustains creation
301 With creation, God does not abandon his creatures to themselves. He not only gives them being and existence, but also, and at every moment, upholds and sustains them in being, enables them to act and brings them to their final end. Recognizing this utter dependence with respect to the Creator is a source of wisdom and freedom, of joy and confidence:
-Catechism of the Catholic ChurchFor you love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made; for you would not have made anything if you had hated it. How would anything have endured, if you had not willed it? Or how would anything not called forth by you have been preserved? You spare all things, for they are yours, O Lord, you who love the living.160
Article 1
THE REVELATION OF GOD
I. God Reveals His “Plan of Loving Goodness”
51 "It pleased God, in his goodness and wisdom, to reveal himself and to make known the mystery of his will. His will was that men should have access to the Father, through Christ, the Word made flesh, in the Holy Spirit, and thus become sharers in the divine nature."2
And the great revelation that other posters have again and again mentioned (and quite possibly the most beautiful sentences ever written)52 God, who “dwells in unapproachable light”, wants to communicate his own divine life to the men he freely created, in order to adopt them as his sons in his only-begotten Son.3 By revealing himself God wishes to make them capable of responding to him, and of knowing him and of loving him far beyond their own natural capacity.
:extrahappy::extrahappy::extrahappy:221 But St. John goes even further when he affirms that “God is love”:44 God’s very being is love. By sending his only Son and the Spirit of Love in the fullness of time, God has revealed his innermost secret:45 God himself is an eternal exchange of love, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and he has destined us to share in that exchange.
Well God created out of love, so logically we should love him back.I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
God created us. Of course he cares. Why would he create something he doesn’t care about? . Don’t you want God to care about us? Or do you think he cares too much?I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
Because He loves us. We are His beloved. The lover wants to be loved by His beloved. After many years of complicated thought, I really have come to believe it’s that simple.I’m on a journey. Please be kind.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful responses in advance.
God doesn’t need us to believe in Him.I get that he created us. But why does it matter to him who or what gets the credit? Why would god even be concerned about getting credit?
It’s a terrible feeling, and I speak that from personal experience.Thanks for your responses.
I’m still struggling. All of these seem like such small, human feelings and reactions.
I get that he created us. But why does it matter to him who or what gets the credit? Why would god even be concerned about getting credit?
From my perspective, I don’t care if I get the credit for birthing and parenting my children. I just want them to be kind and good. Why would it matter for an infinite being more that a human?
I guess the more that I see of these kinds of answers, the more I feel like maybe God is a human creation rather than the other way around. Why else would he be so petty, just like we are? Jealous, just like we are?
I don’t know. Like I said, I’m on a journey. And the answers I’m getting here, and the discussions I follow have lead me to this place. I’ve been trying so hard to hold on to belief, but I feel him slipping away more and more every day.
Re: the title of the thread, here is why God cares if we believe in Him.Thanks for your responses.
I’m still struggling. All of these seem like such small, human feelings and reactions.
I get that he created us. But why does it matter to him who or what gets the credit? Why would god even be concerned about getting credit?
From my perspective, I don’t care if I get the credit for birthing and parenting my children. I just want them to be kind and good. Why would it matter for an infinite being more that a human?
Is this (why does evil exist) your prime issue?I guess the more that I see of these kinds of answers, the more I feel like maybe God is a human creation rather than the other way around. Why else would he be so petty, just like we are? Jealous, just like we are?
I don’t know. Like I said, I’m on a journey. And the answers I’m getting here, and the discussions I follow have lead me to this place. I’ve been trying so hard to hold on to belief, but I feel him slipping away more and more every day.