Why does our Current Pope Support World Goverment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ISeekOnlyTruth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good question and I appreciate it. The problem with World Government is that those who are working to put it in place are doing it to take away our freedoms, not to protect them. I can direct you to their own quotes where they describe this government.

The UN is already working on a forced one world religion, which is another reason I find it disturbing that the Pope supports this organization. Read the following article. Some quotes from the article are below.

prisonplanet.com/ushering_in_the_one_world_religion.htm

*Earlier this fall in Geneva, hundreds of spiritual and religious leaders met at the United Nations for a peace summit. And although all the major faiths were there, including some who claim to represent Christianity, it was clear that Jesus was not invited.

The Geneva summit was a direct outcome of the Millennium World Peace Summit of religious and spiritual leaders held at the United Nations in New York two years ago. At that gathering, honorary chair and CNN founder Ted Turner endeared himself to the crowd by promoting the New Age concept that there are many ways to heaven.

Robert Maginnis, a former director of the Family Research Council, said of the summit, “Well, I can see the possibility that it’s the globalization of world religion.”

Maginnis says it appears the hidden agenda is to unite people under one religious umbrella so they will peacefully accept the UN’s radical political goals. “I would submit that the United Nations is very anti-life, they are anti-faith, anti-family, they’re anti-national sovereignty, but they are pro one-world government,” he said.*
You and I are note reading the same books it seems. I’ve read a few of the Pope’s writing recently, and he stresses that the major error of messianic and secular appocaliptic utopias is the idea that somehow if we have a correct political system, all of human difficulties and problems will pass away. This is what the Nazis thought and this is what the communists thought. For the pope, the greatest error in these movements is the denial of human freedom. Humans will always, and until the end of creation, be able to choose between good and evil. That is what makes us free. In order for these utopias to work, human freedom has to be sacrified, and this can only happen with extreem oppression (e.g. gulags, concentration camps, and Auswich).

God bless,
Ut
 
TheDoctor,

It is interesting you point that out, and that is the dangerous Kool-aid that conspiracy theorists drink. Once one defines the term “New World Order” as a totalitarian world government, then anything said related to a “new world order” is automatically equated with the latter. As you have warned, it is important to take the Pope’s words in context. i will go back and read the links to see what he meant by a “new world order”.

Many public figureheads used the term “new world order”, but it is difficult to understand what the really mean by it.

As for the history of “world government”, you are very right to say that Christianity was born into a world government in the form of the Roman Empire. An interesting point is that there was also another medieval “world government” of sorts, when Papal authority became world political authority. The Christianization of Europe in the middle ages established a Catholic “world government”, with the pope as the universal head of it.

As you mentioned, I do look hopefully with faith on the only one who is worthy to rule the world, but in the meantime I want to pursue what is right and moral.
It is more then just the NWO qoute. The Pope said to submit to the Authority of the UN. What does that tell you?
 
ISeekOnlyTruth,

utunumsint is very right in saying this about the Pope. One of my favorite writings is by our present Pope. Read “Spe Salvi”. Here are some quotes where he emphasizes the importance of human freedom.
There is no doubt, therefore, that a “Kingdom of God” accomplished without God—a kingdom therefore of man alone—inevitably ends up as the “perverse end” of all things
Perhaps more potently, in the following paragrah:
Since man always remains free and since his freedom is always fragile, the kingdom of good will never be definitively established in this world. Anyone who promises the better world that is guaranteed to last for ever is making a false promise; he is overlooking human freedom. Freedom must constantly be won over for the cause of good. Free assent to the good never exists simply by itself. If there were structures which could irrevocably guarantee a determined—good—state of the world, man’s freedom would be denied, and hence they would not be good structures at all.
Also, listen to his recent address to the UN. If the Pope was talking favorably about a “world government”, he would be contradicting the statements he made in his encyclicals and public addresses.

I read your comment about a “one world religion”. I think any attempts to establish a “world religion” will fall flat on their face. Furthermore, if a “world religion” was established, it most certainly would NOT be Roman Catholicism. What we do have to worry about is global religious indifference.

-Eric
 
I am only touching the surface of some of the concerns. I welcome all discussion, but I do ask that you don’t simply dismiss these facts without any logical reasons. Simply finding something hard to believe or accept doesn’t make it not true.
Well, since you started this thread with a statement of untruth, supported by multiple misinterpretations of misinterpretations of mishearings of decontextualized statements of someone his mis-quoters are largely VERY hostile toward, and have had those misinterpretations shown how they are misinterpreted, by the kind folks here, why not list our for us your other “concerns” so that we might see a “pattern” in where you’re coming from, so that we can help you on a more fundamental level deal with your REAL problem with the Church?

You up for it?
 
So, which nick were you using before you got banned, and came back as “ISeekOnlyTruth”? 🙂
Got Banned? You must have me mistaken for someone else. Why would I be banned? Did I do something offensive?
 
Very good question and I appreciate it. The problem with World Government is that those who are working to put it in place are doing it to take away our freedoms, not to protect them. I can direct you to their own quotes where they describe this government.

The UN is already working on a forced one world religion, which is another reason I find it disturbing that the Pope supports this organization.
There’s no evidence that the UN is working on a “forced one world religion.” The gathering to which the CBN article refers was a gathering of female religious leaders to talk about ways of promoting peace. It does seem to have taken place under the auspices of the UN, but the UN has all sorts of loosely related organizations. There is no evidence that this was part of some drive by the UN as a whole to force anyone to do anything. The CBN article says that “Jesus was not invited,” which appears to be a bit of polemical rhetoric on the reporter’s part. Maginnis asserts that it’s part of a move toward one world religion, but the article says that he thinks this “appears” to be “the hidden agenda.” In other words, there is no actual evidence that this is a move toward one world religion, or toward forcing anyone to do anything. Maginnis is predisposed to think that this is probably where it is headed, but he can’t actually claim that this is what they are saying, because it isn’t.

IN other words, your so-called “evidence” amounts to Christians with certain presumptions about the “end times” reading the evidence in such a way as to support their presuppositions. That’s the only “force” I see here–forcing the evidence to say what you want it to say.

It’s certainly conceivable that at some point in the future the UN could try to turn itself into a coercive world government, and/or could try to impose a single world religion on everyone. But you haven’t shown that this is happening. The Pope clearly doesn’t approve of everything the UN does. But I see nothing wrong with the fact that he respects and honors its mission of promoting international cooperation.

Edwin
 
It is more then just the NWO qoute. The Pope said to submit to the Authority of the UN. What does that tell you?
First of all, I would like to politely point out that the news source you cited in your original post seems to have a slight anti-Christian bias. (Not that you will get anything good or useful from any mainstream media either).

Here is what the pope said to the UN:
zenit.org/article-22334?l=english

The Pope expects a lot from the UN. Since the UN established itself as a world council, he reminds it that it has great responsibility to respect human freedom. It doesn’t seem like he is advocating it has total control over world affairs.

Having said that, perhaps the UN is a bad idea. I personally believe that the US should have no part of it. However, from the Pope’s perspective, it is the best way for the “world” to hear his message, and he will use it as a platform to promote human dignity and freedom. He is trying to remind the UN what its purpose should be.
 
ISeekOnlyTruth,

utunumsint is very right in saying this about the Pope. One of my favorite writings is by our present Pope. Read “Spe Salvi”. Here are some quotes where he emphasizes the importance of human freedom.

Perhaps more potently, in the following paragrah:

Also, listen to his recent address to the UN. If the Pope was talking favorably about a “world government”, he would be contradicting the statements he made in his encyclicals and public addresses.

I read your comment about a “one world religion”. I think any attempts to establish a “world religion” will fall flat on their face. Furthermore, if a “world religion” was established, it most certainly would NOT be Roman Catholicism. What we do have to worry about is global religious indifference.

-Eric
Thank You for pointing out those Quotes. Utunumsint and You make very good points and I appreciate that a great deal. I agree with those quotes from the Pope. He says some wonderful things, but then at the same time he says things that really bother me.

*“Ye shall know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:16)
*
My issue is this. How can he support the UN and claim that they are an authority? How can he tell other nations to submit to the UN? This is not a good fruit in my opinion. Then you read CFR documents about how the Pope was a prime target to be a spokesman for World Government. I find it disturbing. I don’t know what all of it means, but I am paying attention and continuing to research this. On the other hand he says and does some wonderful things, but if he didn’t who would follow him? World government will be sold as a good thing though.
 
First of all, I would like to politely point out that the news source you cited in your original post seems to have a slight anti-Christian bias. (Not that you will get anything good or useful from any mainstream media either).

Here is what the pope said to the UN:
zenit.org/article-22334?l=english

The Pope expects a lot from the UN. Since the UN established itself as a world council, he reminds it that it has great responsibility to respect human freedom. It doesn’t seem like he is advocating it has total control over world affairs.

Having said that, perhaps the UN is a bad idea. I personally believe that the US should have no part of it. However, from the Pope’s perspective, it is the best way for the “world” to hear his message, and he will use it as a platform to promote human dignity and freedom. He is trying to remind the UN what its purpose should be.
Which News Source are you referring to? I’ve cited several. Also that doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t legit.
 
I don’t know if those were his exact words, But if he referred to a new world order, he would have been referring to an order where people would live in peace and love and centered in their relationship with God instead of worldly dominance.
Peace & blessings
Deacon Ed B
 
The news site I was referring to was informationliberation.com.

The site promotes the Zeitgeist movie, which makes several inaccurate statements about Christianity. It also links to the movie “Ring of Power”, which uses the same anti-Christian sources as Zeitgeist. It seems that the attitude of the editors of the site seem to believe that the Catholic Church is part of this conspiracy, as demonstrated by searching for “Catholic” on the site and seeing what comes up.

It is difficult to get good news on this sort of topic. Mainstream media seems to ignore it entirely. Internet-based sites and forums that do report this kind of news seem to be slanted towards new age beliefs and perhaps atheism/agnosticism. It is difficult to find a source that accurately presents Christianity’s place in world affairs.

Personally, I would take time to learn, understand, and appreciate your Catholic faith. Put an emphasis on the historical basis for it. You must understand how the Catholic church interacted with various governments over thousands of years.

Hope this helps. I know you are concerned, but I believe you can trust the Church.
 
Got Banned? You must have me mistaken for someone else. Why would I be banned? Did I do something offensive?
OK.

I do love literal answers which miss the point of the question’s real meaning. Doesn’t everyone? 🙂

So, SeekOnlyTruth, glad to have you here, and here’s hoping you ask questions truly in search of truth, and not in the search for elsewhat, or elsewhom!
 
As Mulder used to say: The Truth is OUT THERE Scully.

What’s wrong with a one world government anyway? (Standing back as the plates are thrown at him, ducking multiple times)
 
What’s wrong with a one world government anyway? (Standing back as the plates are thrown at him, ducking multiple times)
Hey Ted,
We talked about this a few posts back. Here was my take:
Also, I want to address utunumsint’s question. Although a “world government” isn’t inherently bad, it has a much greater potential to be more damaging than a national government. The founding fathers of the USA understood this on a much smaller scale, which is why the Constitution is designed to limit the authority of a federal government. The loss of individual civil liberties, economic oppression, eugenic practices, and loss of privacy are major concerns that would be put forward against a world government.
 
The news site I was referring to was informationliberation.com.

The site promotes the Zeitgeist movie, which makes several inaccurate statements about Christianity. It also links to the movie “Ring of Power”, which uses the same anti-Christian sources as Zeitgeist. It seems that the attitude of the editors of the site seem to believe that the Catholic Church is part of this conspiracy, as demonstrated by searching for “Catholic” on the site and seeing what comes up.

It is difficult to get good news on this sort of topic. Mainstream media seems to ignore it entirely. Internet-based sites and forums that do report this kind of news seem to be slanted towards new age beliefs and perhaps atheism/agnosticism. It is difficult to find a source that accurately presents Christianity’s place in world affairs.

Personally, I would take time to learn, understand, and appreciate your Catholic faith. Put an emphasis on the historical basis for it. You must understand how the Catholic church interacted with various governments over thousands of years.

Hope this helps. I know you are concerned, but I believe you can trust the Church.
That article was actually posted in many different places around the web. I’ve watched the Zeitgeist movie and found much of it to be deceiving and nothing but propaganda. I don’t support it in anyway. However if you have ever watched Meggido or Meggido 2 on youtube for free. I think you may find it very interesting and informative, especially Meggido 2.

I am taking the time to learn my faith. I have much to learn still, but I don’t know that I trust the Church. If it is ran by man then it is open to corruptness.
 
I am taking the time to learn my faith. I have much to learn still, but I don’t know that I trust the Church. If it is ran by man then it is open to corruptness.
I will check out those movies…haven’t seen them yet. I’ve critically watched Zeitgeist, Ring of Power, Money Masters, and Endgame. There is some truth in there, but on religious issues, you really need to know your stuff to be able to “separate the wheat from the chaff”.

As for trusting the Church–this is huge. If you don’t trust the Church, then there is almost no point in being Catholic. The Church isn’t “run by men”…men are merely stewards of the divine offices that Christ set up through His apostles. The Church has been around over 2,000 years with unbroken apostolic succession and fidelity to the original teachings of Christ. If you can’t trust the Church, then you can’t trust the Pope, or the sacraments, or perhaps even the hope in Christ’s promise.

God bless, and I’ll pray for you.

-erbo
 
OK.

I do love literal answers which miss the point of the question’s real meaning. Doesn’t everyone? 🙂

So, SeekOnlyTruth, glad to have you here, and here’s hoping you ask questions truly in search of truth, and not in the search for elsewhat, or elsewhom!
Heres to hoping you learn to talk to people like they aren’t idiots and you aren’t some arrogant person who things they know everything.
 
The Pope does not support a political One World Government. The United Nations was created as a place where all governments wishing to join could air their differences and reach conclusions. In the past, various countries would ally themselves with each other, and hold meetings with non-aligned countries. The UN has simply brought this process into one place. UN resolutions are sometimes ignored and sometimes members abstain from voting.

Any large organization has a level of corruption that is usually related to its size and power. This has been true throughout human history.

It is false to claim that man needs to question everything without a place to begin. Pope Benedict has stated that it is not possible to talk just about progress. We also need to know where we’re going.

The WOMP report is about money and nothing more. Once travel by sea was commonplace and the building of large warships was accomplished, various countries projected their power around the world and established colony states in sovereign, otherwise independent countries, killing off some or all of the “savages.” They would then exploit their land and mineral resources.

Small, so-called Third World Countries are under the effective control of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. The Council on Foreign Relations is another troublemaker in world affairs. In essence, these develloping countries are loaned money so they can “develop,” but they often cannot repay their loans. In the past, Popes have called upon the International banking community to excuse the debts of some really poor and/or war-torn countries.

It would only take a few minutes on google to find out how many foreign countries own land, buildings and other assets in the United States. Financially, it is already a One World Financial Order. Massive transfers of assets can occur over the computer and currency exchanges are ready to convert your Dollars into Yuan or Yen or Deutsch Marks.

The cynical work of Rockefeller and other planners is to create a One World Currency, and if the Pope can be somehow manipulated to help, they will try it.

God bless,
Ed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top