Why does our Current Pope Support World Goverment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ISeekOnlyTruth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do hold that view. I don’t think the UN can or will ever work. He is saying the UN has to be fixed?
Well let’s look at this through the eyes Leo XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI. They are looking at this through the eyes of faith. They are showing us that nothing is impossible for God. While it is true that man can be uncooperative when he wants to be, it is also true that grace has turned hearts around many times in history. Just look at Augustine, Paul and others.

It’s almost like betting. They’re putting their money on the power of grace. Therefore, they’re not giving up on the UN and they continuously encourage the UN to examine its mission and to be faithful to it. It’s the old idea of planting the seed and letting the Lord water it.
Do you believe the United Nations ever will be this type of organization?
I believe that it can be. But some hearts have to change. Many people have to stop looking at their own benefit and look at the benefit to humanity. Nations have to allow men to exercise their faith and discover the truth that God has implanted in their hearts and allow these citizens to live by these truths. When that happens, then things can turn, because the leaders of nations will be guided by the Truth that comes from within their own people.
What if a Nation doesn’t want to cooperate? Then what? Force them? That doesn’t sound like a free humanity to me.
This is what these popes have been saying since the 1940s. No nation can unilaterally decide what is right or wrong. If you read the speech, the Holy Father has said that whenever nations have been left to decide for themselves what is right or wrong, some of the results have been catostrophic (I’m paraphrasing). But I did paste the citation on a previous post on this thread. It is the duty of other nations to monitor compliance and to bring the dissenting nations to dialogue. It is also the moral duty of the dissenting nations to listen to what their brothers and sisters have to say.

If we truly believe that the Gospel is possible and not just an ideal, then we push for it, even if we have to push the UN. I for one believe that the UN does need to be pushed in the right direction. But I also believe in the power of grace.

JR 🙂
 
I’m concerned with you being as credible a person as you can be. It’s in your interest to be credible, and to have as good, or at least as “authentic”, a reputation as possible.

That you take my constructive criticism as insult is the usual response of an arrogant ignoramous to those trying to help him.

I do care what you think as to my credibility and reputation. That I’m credible only as someone who knows what a typo looks like, and who appears to be superior to you in his intelligence, is fine with me.

That you don’t care about your credibility and reputation is your right.
lol… It is spelled “ignoramus”, not “ignoramous” as you so carelessly did.

QUOTE=CatsAndDogs;3802198]That you take my constructive criticism as insult

I am sure your worried about my self-interest… Please! Rolls Eyes Get over yourself. You are just looking to argue and criticize so you can feel good about yourself. If you wanted to help me you would have approached to me in a friendly and courteous manner.

My “credibility” and “reputation” isn’t important to me on a public forum. It doesn’t pay the bills and people who do try and judge me will fail as they know nothing about me personally.
 
Do you two think that maybe this is just a little bit off of the thread.
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B
 
I don’t see world government as being equal to the rule of the antichrist. World Government may not be a bad idea in itself because it could cut back on Wars, and could cause cooperation in solving many of mankinds problems like world hunger, better health for everyone, etc.,

Submitted by the Canpagin for Daniel Marsh as Anti-Christ. ( yes this line is humor ).
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAndDogs
I’m very judgemental of what I’m allowed to judge, which is the validity of sensibleness of what people here present me with in their postings.

You spelled “judgemental” wrong, its “judgmental”. I won’t attack your character because of that. We’re all humans and we all make mistakes. = )
Thanks for pointing that out. It’s always those words you think you know that catch you! 🙂 I wish more people were like you, and actually helpful toward others as regards spelling!
Not everyone will agree with you on what is sensible or not. Doesn’t make it right to attack their character and pass judgment on them.
How have I, and in fact how CAN I, attack anyone’s character?

I just remark on what people show me. Be careful what you show me. And expect to get commented on for what you do show me.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAndDogs
Now, are you a “Truther/Truther”? Do you believe in the “9/11 was an Inside Job” conspiracy?

I don’t know if 9/11 was an inside job, perhaps you should go to the forums over there and debate them since you keep bringing it up. Would it surprise me if it was? No! Government sponsored terror is not anything new. There were definitely enough motives for individuals in the government to carry it out. Did they? I don’t know! I do however support an independent investigation, which is the main goal that the “Truthers” are seeking (in a peaceful manner of course). The 9/11 commission was a fraud and was in no way independent.
So, you ARE a Truther, then? 🙂
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAndDogs
“Ron Paul Movement”

Answers several questions. Thanks.

I am proud of the Ron Paul movement!
OK. I believe you do. I also believe that that answers several questions I had about your views.

Thanks again.
 
lol… It is spelled “ignoramus”, not “ignoramous” as you so carelessly did.
Thanks again for the spelling help. That’s another of those words that I don’t use overly much and THOUGHT I knew how to spell, which I didn’t actually, not to mention that I SHOULD have noticed that it was a NOUN and not an ADJECTIVE.

Silly me! 🙂
That you take my constructive criticism as insult

I am sure your worried about my self-interest… Please! Rolls Eyes Get over yourself. You are just looking to argue and criticize so you can feel good about yourself. If you wanted to help me you would have approached to me in a friendly and courteous manner.
Please. You insult that Holy Father and the Church of Christ and expect me to be overly nicey-nicey?
My “credibility” and “reputation” isn’t important to me on a public forum. It doesn’t pay the bills and people who do try and judge me will fail as they know nothing about me personally.
Your credibility and reputation are what you make of it.

We should ALL, at every moment, be concerned with them, as they set the tembre for how people deal with us wherever we communicate with others.

That would be the sin of sloth. That you don’t mind being slothful in public, such as here, tells me how much weight to give your opinions.

You have little to no cred with me, in truth, due to what you’ve said here and how you’ve said it. That is my right to say. And yours to care or not care about.
 
Nope, I am not concerned about a “one world government” because I feel it is just a conspiracy and don’t see it happening within my life time. That said, I highly doubt that either Pope has ever said anything which read in context could be taken as support for a one world government.
 
.

You spelled “judgemental” wrong, its “judgmental”. I won’t attack your character because of that. We’re all humans and we all make mistakes. = )
I don’t know where you learned to spell but you are wrong.

Both judgemental AND judgmental are correct as are judgement and judgment.
 
There’s no evidence that the UN is working on a “forced one world religion.” The gathering to which the CBN article refers was a gathering of female religious leaders to talk about ways of promoting peace. It does seem to have taken place under the auspices of the UN, but the UN has all sorts of loosely related organizations. There is no evidence that this was part of some drive by the UN as a whole to force anyone to do anything. The CBN article says that “Jesus was not invited,” which appears to be a bit of polemical rhetoric on the reporter’s part. Maginnis asserts that it’s part of a move toward one world religion, but the article says that he thinks this “appears” to be “the hidden agenda.” In other words, there is no actual evidence that this is a move toward one world religion, or toward forcing anyone to do anything. Maginnis is predisposed to think that this is probably where it is headed, but he can’t actually claim that this is what they are saying, because it isn’t.

IN other words, your so-called “evidence” amounts to Christians with certain presumptions about the “end times” reading the evidence in such a way as to support their presuppositions. That’s the only “force” I see here–forcing the evidence to say what you want it to say.

It’s certainly conceivable that at some point in the future the UN could try to turn itself into a coercive world government, and/or could try to impose a single world religion on everyone. But you haven’t shown that this is happening. The Pope clearly doesn’t approve of everything the UN does. But I see nothing wrong with the fact that he respects and honors its mission of promoting international cooperation.

Edwin

Why is one world government such a big issue ? It seems to be: it’s one thing that seems to bother all kinds of US Christians, from Protestant Fundamentalists to Traditionalist Catholics.​

Given the location of the UN, it seems odd that people in the US dislike it so much. Reading the thread, it was impossible not to think of the way the SDAs worry about something similar.
 

Why is one world government such a big issue ? It seems to be: it’s one thing that seems to bother all kinds of US Christians, from Protestant Fundamentalists to Traditionalist Catholics.​

Given the location of the UN, it seems odd that people in the US dislike it so much. Reading the thread, it was impossible not to think of the way the SDAs worry about something similar.
Those in the US would rather see the UN located in Belgium, or even better, at the far northeastern rim of the Sea of Tranquility.

What is an SDA?

Most sensible people, who have the vaguest inkling of what the word “God” means in reality, are utterly opposed to any super-concentration of “temporal power” in the hands of only a very few, or even worse into the hands of ONE, tiny group(s) of people.

The only proper power concentrated into a tiny group of people is the non-temporal moral power which MUST be based on God’s revelation and concentrated utterly in His Church.
 

Why is one world government such a big issue ? It seems to be: it’s one thing that seems to bother all kinds of US Christians, from Protestant Fundamentalists to Traditionalist Catholics.​

Given the location of the UN, it seems odd that people in the US dislike it so much. Reading the thread, it was impossible not to think of the way the SDAs worry about something similar.
Why is it a big issue? Would you like the United States to declare a One World Government? It’s our way or you get some bombs delivered to your country at no charge?

The location of the UN has nothing to do with why people dislike it. It can send peacekeepers to war-torn countries as observers to make sure both sides in a war are actually observing a cease-fire. It can vote on resolutions as a body, condemning the actions of any country. But before some people think the UN is some sort of quasi-government, it’s not. Countries can quit. Countries can refuse to vote for particular resolutions. And countries can still make their own deals outside of the UN with any other country.

God bless,
Ed
 
Why is it a big issue? Would you like the United States to declare a One World Government? It’s our way or you get some bombs delivered to your country at no charge?

The location of the UN has nothing to do with why people dislike it. It can send peacekeepers to war-torn countries as observers to make sure both sides in a war are actually observing a cease-fire. It can vote on resolutions as a body, condemning the actions of any country. But before some people think the UN is some sort of quasi-government, it’s not. Countries can quit. Countries can refuse to vote for particular resolutions. And countries can still make their own deals outside of the UN with any other country.

God bless,
Ed
All the Church wants is for the UN to get its act together and do it job at promoting peach, justice and freedom around he world and monitoring that nations don’t violate the fundamental rights of their citizens.

His not asking them to control mass transit laws or the internal revenue sytem of other nations.

Actually, what he’s asking is the same thing that the rest of us want, clean up their act and to their job to preserve peace and protect people’s rights.

What Catholic can be agaisnt that or why would a Catholic be against that?

JR:)
 
JReducation;:
Actually, what he’s asking is the same thing that the rest of us want, clean up their act and to their job to preserve peace and protect people’s rights.JR:)
As much as I would love to see this happen, with the present make up, I don’t see it. Thats why we pray.
Prayers & Blessings
deacon Ed B
 
As much as I would love to see this happen, with the present make up, I don’t see it. Thats why we pray.
Prayers & Blessings
deacon Ed B
You and I both know that Benedict is no one’s fool. He knows that the present makeup will not work. My take from his talk to them is that they have to do some soul searching.

JR 🙂
 
So, you ARE a Truther, then? 🙂
I am not a 911 Truther. I do not participate in their peaceful public demonstrations, meetings, and various other activities that they take part in. I am not as well researched on 911 as many of them are. I do however see how they are unfairly demonized by the mainstream media. It is a peaceful movement that seeks answers to legitimate questions that many are to scared to ask.
 
You have little to no cred with me, in truth, due to what you’ve said here and how you’ve said it. That is my right to say. And yours to care or not care about.
That is fine. You have absolutely no credibility with me either and I have no respect for the arrogant. I will pray for you.
 
In the words of Rodney King, "Can’t we just all get along?’
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top