Why have I been cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
Why is it that some people in life no matter how hard they try or what they do they seem to be cursed. Misfortune and bad luck over and over whereas others always have good luck and always land on their feet.

I don’t have the mental, psychological or emotional strength to deal with this life.

Why doesn’t the daily rosary help me from attack all the time.

I am at the stage where I just wait the next misfortune.
 
Curses aren’t real.

It’s quite possible that the way you feel has a medical, rather than a spiritual, cause. Maybe consider talking to a psychiatrist. You sound like people I’ve known who were clinically depressed and required medication to treat a chemical imbalance.
 
I agree.

I really recommend you get some help with how you’re feeling, @Nelka. If you have had a time of bad things happening to you, it can drain your resilience and ability to cope, as you’ve identified. Building that back up with the help of a trained therapist/counselor is a start to things getting better.
 
Definitely some people suffer a lot and it seems unfair. I don’t know why.
 
Yes, I can identify with the OPs
feelings. I have never chose to look at it as a curse. That is too dark
for me. I did read a book once called
Why Bad Things Happen to Good
People or When… (can’t remember the exact title). It didn’t really help
though. But the OP might want to
read the book. It was written by a
Jewish man. I think he is a Rabbi.
He and his wife had a son with an
incurable illness and the son passed.
It has been several years since I read
the book so I am fuzzy on all the details.
 
Last edited:
I am sorry your having such a hard time. I feel like you do many days. I know what it feels like to be waiting for the next misfortune. I know all of this suffering seems unfair, but God loves us so much. One day, all of our suffering and pain will be gone and we will only feel joy. The Rosary does help you, it brings you closer to Our Lady. I strongly recommend that you keep praying to her. She loves and wants to help you. Just know that this will get better and you will feel joy again. You are in my prayers.
 
The book you are referring to is titled “When Bad Things Happen to Good People,” written by Rabbi Harold Kushner, a member of the Conservative stream of Judaism (between Orthodox and Reform). It is a good book and may be helpful to the OP. The rabbi does not attempt to explain why bad things happen, but rather how to cope when bad things happen. In the case of Rabbi Kushner, his son had the terrible disease of progeria, in which children age rapidly and die usually by the time they reach 20 or before. And, although we might not realize it, bad things do happen to virtually everyone in one form or another. That is a part of living. As is said so often, it’s more what you do when they happen that matters most, both to yourself and to others. As my father always said, you have to learn to roll with the punches.
 
Thank you meltzerboy for filling in the
details! It is a definite fact no one can escape misfortune and suffering
during their lifetime. And I think one’s
ability to cope depends a lot on a support system to help them over the
rough patches. I do think though there are some people who do seem
to get more than there share of
suffering. And we all know about the
Kennedy curse. Like I said, to acknowledge things can be cursed,
is too dark for me. I Don’t want to
believe someone can actually put a curse on someone else.
 
You could try or ad some new artillery.
  1. Devotion of the three Hail Marys
  2. Saint Joseph Novena
  3. Catholic deliverance prayers
  4. Saint Michael novena
  5. Mother Theresa Emergency prayer.
  6. Eucharistic adoration /petition God face to face
  7. Our Lady Queen of Angels prayer. [along with St. Michael prayer]
I will pray for you too.
 
Curses aren’t real.
Well… That is not entirely true. The Church does take the existence of curses as a serious reality spiritually speaking. And it does make sense. But you are 100 percent correct in the rest of your post about seeking psychological remedies first and foremost. But even more important is prayer…

 
I agree that some people seem to have more than their fair share of suffering. But, like you, I don’t believe they are cursed. I don’t know why that is, but there are still ways of dealing with it, not the least relying on the comfort of religious teachings to get you through the bad times.
 
Get out of that mindset. You haven’t been cursed.

Pray and keep praying.
 
Why Bad Things Happen to Good Catholics And Other Mysteries of God’s Love and Providence- Explained! by Father Henri Morice

The Problem of Evil by Peter Kreeft

Choosing God, Not Blaming Him by Fr Mike Schmitz.

When we suffer we are sharing in the cross of Christ.

The Shared Wound of Jesus and Mary - two quotes from this article “Paul could write “I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church” (Colossians 1:24).” and “Rather, our pain, joined with Jesus on the Cross, has value for His Body, the Church and makes us participants in the redemption of the world.”

We all have different crosses to carry. Some people carry heavier crosses than others. I think of the persecuted Christians in Syria etc as well as throughout history, I think of those starving and dying of diseases (some of which don’t exist in first world countries) for example in Africa.

Whilst none of this alleviates your pain and what you are going through, if you unite these to Jesus’ sufferings they have merit, if not united or at least offered to God, then the suffering is wasted/pointless.

May God relieve you of your trials if this be His Will.

God bless you.
 
I’ve prayed the rosary every dat for nearly five years. I won’t pray it anymore. I’ve had enough.
 
My prayers are with you. In the darkest of pits, Jesus is always there to extend the ladder, all we must do is climb.

I ask that Jesus pour out His infinite mercies upon you for all time, that you may know true healing and joy in your life.

The darkness never wins, and our faith is shown when we have the least bit of courage. Always remember, the dawn always comes just after the darkness.

God Bless you always my fellow believer in Christ.

You may want to find another spiritual outlet for you to use instead of the Rosary at the present, sometimes we need to switch things up. Try plugging yourself into the beauty that is nature, the amazing power of our Father Creator. Allow yourself to be overcome by the mercy that is God, and try listening to some Praise and Worship music.

 
Last edited:
What is this misfortune and bad luck you keep encountering?
 
Talk to your Priest. I really do think you should also seek the support of a therapist to help you.

I’m sorry you’re struggling so badly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top