Why have I been cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Rita, patron saint of impossible (or difficult) cases, is the one that I pray often to.
I think she would love to pray for you.

Praying for you.

Also, I agree with others to seek help with a counselor. I’ve seen one throughout the years and it was crucial to combat my struggles.
 
Last edited:
I feel like I’m having to build a large house of cards and constantly someone is knocking it down and I am expected to keep rebuilding it.

I don’t want to build anymore, it’s arduous and I know I will have to build it again and again.
 
I feel like I’m having to build a large house of cards and constantly someone is knocking it down and I am expected to keep rebuilding it.

I don’t want to build anymore, it’s arduous and I know I will have to build it again and again.
It would be easier to weigh in on this if you’d speak more specifically. What are these setbacks you find yourself continually facing?

Do you think maybe it has to do with you and how you approach situations as opposed to external forces?
 
Last edited:
To make matters worse I sinned this morning, I haven’t prayed and really feel like never praying again, no confessions this week and Saturday my children make their first holy communion but I won’t be able yo receive with them, on top of everything else.
 
There is a proverb - “cursed are blessed” (there is a blessing in a curse, that is, those who are cursed (terribly tormented) are blessed.
Out of heavy sufferings, misfortunes, wars, - strong armies,victorious wrestlers, shadavral works, great testimonies are born.
Scripture also confirms this thought. Therefore, the ancient saints blessed suffering, and even consciously chose a very heavy life cross.
 
Last edited:
Among Orthodox elders, there are those who even believe that it is especially useful for the soul to suffer, to die…to dry up, to suffer in pain before dying.
One can treat such statements differently, but there is one more saying of the elders monks - “to whom God gives a heavy cross, he wants to reward with a bright crown of eternal life”
 
There are simply psychological and emotional stress in our life, where you probably need - more rest, more silence, more healthy recreation and positive thinking.
May be
 
Think back to other questions you have asked. A year ago you were wondering why non-denominational protestants get everything they pray for.
40.png
Why do protestants get it easy? Apologetics
I’m always hearing protestants at work saying how they prayed for this and that and got exactly what they asked for whether it be healing or help in some way. Their prayers only last a few seconds and whoosh the answer is always yes. They aren’t in any mortal sins apparently because they don’t have full knowledge of them. They are always happy too, I don’t want people to not be happy but I am jealous of them and we have so many rules it is almost impossible to follow. They must have faith the s…
You were given much good advise on that thread.

I hope that you can step away from these people who are telling you false things. It seems almost a year later, you are still hounded by doubt. God does not play favorites. God does not work that way.

Praying for you.
 
@Nelka, I know you think your Priest and GP can’t help. But why not try them?

I think one of the cruellest things about life is that when you feel at your lowest, you need to make the most effort to get back to where you want to be. But a good Priest, GP and therapist can help to carry the load and build up your capacity to cope.

I know from your previous threads that you’ve been struggling for a long time. I’m really sorry you’ve been suffering for such a long time.
 
Last edited:
I feel that if I talk to a priest he would talk about hope and trust, a doctor would just give me pills and a therapist would bankrupt me.

It’s just me.
 
You’d rather go through your life miserable and depressed than take pills? Why? Maybe you genuinely need medication. If not for yourself, do it for your kids.
 
Pills don’t make problem go away.
They certainly can, for some people. I don’t know how you can make a categorical statement like that with a straight face. Psychiatry is legitimate medicine, it’s not quackery. If the problem is a chemical imbalance in your brain, medication that regulates that would obviously help.

If you’d rather just wallow in self pity and “woe is me, nothing will help”, that’s your choice, but it’s a bit selfish when you have people who need you.
 
I suggest reading the psalms. To read how David complains and grieves and rails against his oppressors and enemies, of how he feels so alone in his trials and really how he comes into the realm of despair and lifts out of it. He says things like " look at me, all my bones are drying up and my enemies scorn on me, my friends talk behind my back how to trap me and there is no one in my village who will come to my aid!" etc. etc. etc.

Find the copy that has the oldest translation, at least the duoy reims, the dominican fathrs translation if you can.

I find it really has helped me. David has some great ways of dealing with anything inlife that is crisis or crushing, including asking for his enmies to be dealt with. Don’t let anyone tell you these prayers are outdatd by the new catechism. Holy monks and nuns in Monestaries still pray those psalms several times a day, everyday.
 
Pills may not, that is true. But they can make things seem much more manageable in the meantime.

Your Priest may be able to help you find cheaper counselling, as well as providing support.

Can I ask which country you live in?
 
Last edited:
They certainly can, for some people. I don’t know how you can make a categorical statement like that with a straight face. Psychiatry is legitimate medicine, it’s not quackery. If the problem is a chemical imbalance in your brain, medication that regulates that would obviously help.
This. It really is worth trying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top