Why have I been cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure everyone in the United States knows they can get medications for depression if they go to a doctor. Why would anybody on here even think they have to give such advice more than mention it as a possibility once if at all?
 
I think its proud to think Our Creator would not answer a sincere and heartfelt prayer muself.
God does answer prayers - sometimes the answer is No, sometimes the answer is Yes, sometimes the answer is Not Yet.

I was trying to make the point that if a person is suffering from depression, it does affect how one thinks - how they see life, how they see the future. Someone who isn’t depressed wouldn’t think they are cursed.

Feelings are just that.

Reading the parts of the Bible as you suggested can help a person to see their difficulties in a different light - that’s true. Reading Job can also be helpful. But if there is also an underlying component of a medical issue, just praying or reading the Bible is not going to lift the person out of their depression.
 
May i ask what curse do you have? Like is it on the material level? Social level?

Some things like diseases and natural calamities are natural phenomena.

Our suffering, as Catholics, is a constant factor. Jesus Christ was first to suffer. The early faithfuls suffered. The apostles suffered.

My point is, the world is broken and it causes people to suffer. Jesus came to give us hope of relief and peace. Through His ways, we would find joy and peace amidst suffering.

My other point is, if your curse is material level, religion is not your solution. If it is social, maybe it is a solution. Religion will just help you put things into perspectives.

God is generous but when He gives, try to be ready. It’s like asking for water but you don’t have any vessel to put it. Or asking a lot of water but you only have a cup.

Again, the suffering that we experience is natural in this broken world. You are not alone. Rich or poor, male or female, colored or non colored etc…everyone suffers.

It is only in hope in God’s promises that we can correct this when we say, " Today I suffer but God will give me rest one day." And this hope is true. So fight on @Nelka. Let misfortune come but have this joy and hope in you that all of those things will come to pass.

Remember this in the book of Revelation (chapter 21): “Behold I make all things new.” Also he said, “Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the fountain of the water of life without payment. He who conquers shall have this heritage, and I will be his God and he shall be my son…”

and prior to that Jesus said: " He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying orpain, for the former things have passed away.”"

Fight on @Nelka to that day that was promised.
 
I just don’t think you should be telling people that they need a physician for feeling their feelings. I feel like that is proud.
No-one is saying that. What we are saying is to talk to a GP and therapist about how to manage those feelings.

Not all of us are from the USA, by the way. That’s not the reason people are posting what they are.
I’m pretty sure everyone in the United States knows they can get medications for depression if they go to a doctor. Why would anybody on here even think they have to give such advice more than mention it as a possibility once if at all?
I don’t think that the OP is in the USA, first off. And if someone is struggling with their mental health, they may find it difficult to think what can help them. Even if they know objectively, it can be difficult for them to apply it to themselves.
 
Last edited:
I’m pretty sure everyone in the United States knows they can get medications for depression if they go to a doctor. Why would anybody on here even think they have to give such advice more than mention it as a possibility once if at all?
Because those in the grip of depression do not always recognize their thinking is skewed, and therefore may not realize anything is wrong. Instead they may thing the world is wrong.

As to why more than one person mentions the same advice - sometimes there are two, or three people typing the same or similar advice at the same time. Also as an example they may also be trying to get across a point which someone else either the OP or another may not be understanding, or sometimes because more than one person realizes the importance of this same advice and are wanting to emphasize it.
 
I doubt you know what you are talking about more than ever now!
How little you do know me then.
I can think of several people who have told me they have had a feeling they are cursed!
Well you’re not alone there. But depression can also cause one to think along these lines as well as those who are not suffering from depression.
 
But the op said they felt cursed and you are basically telling them their mind isn’t working right and to go get meds. Its sort of insulting to the op dont you think?
Are you a Catholic? Because you sound more like a Christian Scientist.

The Church does not teach, and has never taught, that seeking the help of a doctor means you lack faith in God, or that the best course of action is always “just sit at home and pray.” There are Christians who believe that. Catholics aren’t among them.
 
Claudine, you realize that Catholic hospitals exist, right? And that some of those hospitals have psychiatric departments where they, you know, dispense medication?
 
No, I’m not CScience. I knew some people who were and they really had a lot of faith though. My situation is not the best with getting to mass atm. I’m just one of those people that totally trust that The Highest Power knows what He 's doing and can be trusted completely in ALL things of all kinds everyday.

I always pray a lot about things and I always get something good even though a lot of difficult things also happen.
 
Yes, I sure do know Catholic hospitals exist. I spent a week on morphine in a Catholic hospital, flat on my back, which was also why I was there, my back, that is.
 
Last edited:
Please, get help. You’re NOT cursed and there IS light at the end of the tunnel.
40.png
Bad luck . broken mirror Catholic Living
We are sincerely sorry to hear of your struggles. However, the CA Forums are unfortunately not set up to provide intensive spiritual counseling. Our best advice is for you to seek out a good priest on the local level who knows you or can get to know you because he’ll be treating you in the most fruitful counseling environment: a three-dimensional one. You may also wish to consider getting other support on the local level from a licensed counselor who is respectful of your Catholic Faith. Regard…
 
Last edited:
Please, do you think the OP has not prayer end enough, or read the psalms or any other thing you are suggesting? The OP has posted many times and people are trying to help that are familiar with his history. Prayer is a part of it for sure, but so is taking care of ones medical and psychological needs. To suggest otherwise is irresponsible on your part when you do not know his history.
 
Claudine, I have questions regarding curses. I also had some thoughts that I or we may be experiencing an effect of a curse. An ascendant may have said some bad things regarding us, like I wish you (insert negative thing here). She has done a sort of love spell on a relative. I already had Masses offered for the eternal repose of her soul and prayed for it as well. If it were thr case that we were subject to a curse, what is the remedy? I am sincerely eeeking for a solution.

I was browsing online and there was this thread on this article. Blog - Women of Grace - www.womenofgrace.com

See point number 2. It says that the exorcism helped spiritually, but not the other aspects. So what can be done?
 
Last edited:
Keep searching and ask everyone you know that does already pray to pray for you to have any curses, spells rmoved. Ask Saints and holy people to pray to remove any and all curses that may be on you. Ask them to pray for all evil spirits to be rmoved away from you and your family. This will work, I have met people who have had this happen to them and getting any holy person such as a priest, rabbi, orthodox priest to pray for you will definately work.

Bless you in all you do today and always!
 
I only said PILLS will not remove problems, that only The Prime Mover can remove problems, He can do anything He wants imo.
“I never use toothpaste because I think God can remove plaque. In fact, if you rely on Colgate or Crest instead of God, that’s a pretty sad commentary on your faith.”

See why this is a silly line of reasoning?
 
No I don’t. The King of All that exists is doing everything every moment, holding it all together, toothpaste, teeth, body and souls.

edited because I really should get a proper keyboard if I intend to keep posting in these social networking forums.
 
Last edited:
Where did you get that quote about the toothpaste?

Or did you make it up?
 
So you don’t believe people should use things like toothpaste? Do you ever take an Advil when you have a headache?

My point is that sometimes God intervenes in our lives directly and miraculously. But sometimes God answers prayers through more mundane means. Maybe the way God answers the prayers of a person in the grips of clinical depression is through a mental health provider.
Or did you make it up?
I made it up. I was being a little tongue in cheek.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top