T
The_Iambic_Pen
Guest
Continued from previous post…
"gardenswithkids:
berniedehler:
Janet S:
Once again, thanks to all of you for your support, questions and answers. I truly do want to be Catholic, as I have said. More importantly, though, I want the truth. Hopefully, those two goals are one and the same.
God bless!
"gardenswithkids:
Thanks!Quick answer, you are correct.
Here’s an old “Ask the Apoligist” thread with a catechism reference. forums.catholic-questions.org/showthrea…ht=apparitions
Yes, well, I haven’t found that to be the case so far. Just today I was reading Ephesians chapter 4, which speaks of unity in the body.To be Catholic, you’ll have to stop reading the Bible so you no longer see the contradictions with the Bible and the Catholic catechsim… just my opinion.
Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all. (RSV:CE)
See gardenswithkids’ explanation in post 94.Just out of curiosity, why do we always see manifestos of why people are not Catholics?
Very good. I’m not saying it is official Church teaching. It is, however, an attitude held by some. Catholics are very blessed, but they should not be arrogant.Regarding point #7 again, I do think you can safely put that objection to rest. I think that may be some people’s opinion, but I really don’t think it’s actual Church teachings.
Oh, it won’t. It’s not really an issue. I only brought it up out of frustration with the whole Catholic-Orthodox debate I’ve been dealing with for the past year or so. Sometimes I long for simpler times, though I know I can’t go back now.Unless you have more proof that the Church teaches this beyond some people’s opinion, I hope #7 doesn’t keep you out of the Catholic Church.
Well, a thousand difficulties do not add up to a single doubt, as someone once said. If I can be convinced of the authority of the Catholic Church (and, in particular, the authority of the pope), then I can accept the rest on faith until I figure it out.If you wait until you’re totally satisfied with the Church, you will never join. The Church is the incarnation of Christ in the world – a human world, subject to human weaknesses.
Thanks!Hellooo…Pen.
My prayers are with you:thumbsup:
Janet S:
Yes, I would like to do that someday. Unfortunately, I’ll have to settle for the rivers of Babylon for the time being (that is, of course, a secret code telling you I’m headed back to Iraq soon; shhhh!).I have another suggestion for you, but this is an exercise for your heart, not your mind. If you haven’t done this already, you should make a pilgrimage to Rome. While you are there, go to St Peter’s Square on Wednesday for a papal audience. I did this, and now I know what is meant by the universal Church. When you go there, you can see these words from (Rev 5:9-10) come to life: “Worthy are you to receive the scroll and to break open its seals, for you were slain and with your blood you purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue, people and nation. You made them a kingdom and priests for our God, and they will reign on earth.” (Rev 5:9-10)
Once again, thanks to all of you for your support, questions and answers. I truly do want to be Catholic, as I have said. More importantly, though, I want the truth. Hopefully, those two goals are one and the same.
God bless!