J
JimR-OCDS
Guest
OSAS = once saved always saved,
Jim
Jim
I’m sorry, but I have to completely disagree. Salvation is not set until we are dead and have been judged. I can have a relatively solid assurance of my salvation if I live according to God’s law, but up until that moment of death I can always make the free will choice to reject God’s salvation and be damned.The saving of one’s soul=life is temporal. When Paul addressed the Philippians to say, work out your salvation=deliverance with fear and trembling, Why? because God has worked it in you. In other words, he addressed them as people who already have eternal life, not as one “pending a final verdict.”
When Paul speaks of grace in this context, he is clearly discussing salvific grace. Not merely the “good graces” of communion with the Church. I doubt you could find a single interpretation prior to the Protestant revolt that would agree with that assessment.Paul was saying, by doing so, you cut yourself off from God. Not in the context of eternity, but in terms of communion.
At no time are the damned any less the sons of God than they are while they are alive. Just because we are a son of God doesn’t mean that we cannot forfeit the gift of our inheritance and lose salvation.It’s like the prodigal Son who rejected his father’s grace and found himself cut off from the blessings of that grace. But at no time did he ever NOT be the son of his father.
You certainly are entitled to your opinion and I would never try to stop that. But on what scriptural bases is salvation “not set until we are dead and have been judged.” Who among the apostles echo’s this idea? Please reference your case scripturally.I’m sorry, but I have to completely disagree. Salvation is not set until we are dead and have been judged.
The teachings of the Church on the love and mercy of Jesus Christ is “window dressing”?However, it is what is taught. Everything else is window dressing, if one believes that is the bottom line
On what scriptural bases do you separate grace?.. what is it you are looking at in scripture that makes this distinction?he is clearly discussing salvific grace. Not merely the “good graces” of communion with the Church.
I think that is an early stage of Christian maturity. Fear of hell may help get some people to seek out the truth. But as we mature in our journey it should become more about our love of God and His church.We need to focus on Hell, because we need to get back to the point that people understand it as a real possibility.