T
Tagd
Guest
People always say that you need to seek help with scrupulosity but does anyone know of any church teachings or verses from the bible that imply we shouldn’t constantly be in fear of sin or constantly trying to become the “perfect Catholic”. I fear that people who say they need help are just rationalizing the fact that most people don’t have what it takes to be a Catholic that can be sinless therefore belong in Heaven. Also all the talk about the fathers endless love beyond sending his son doesn’t seem to be founded in any scripture and are more a good feeling thing that has formed by people who follow the faith. From what I understand the fact that there is any way to heaven is more mercy than we can possibly imagine so anything more than that like the forgiveness of sins upon death or lenient judgement because he understands whats in our hearts could just be us trying to make ourselves feel better. From what I understand of the scripture the lord is loving but hes is also extremely strict and doesn’t expect anything less then perfection. It only takes a single mortal sin for your soul to be lost forever and even for the preists and others who dedicate their entire lives to Christ we have no idea if even those people will be saved so what does that say about the regular Joe Schmoe. If I’m misunderstanding something please let me know. Thanks for reading and god bless.