Why should any Atheist consider becoming a Christian?

  • Thread starter Thread starter englands123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morality as practiced in the real world appears to be subjective based on ones values. Yes, the 20th century is filed with mass murders, but a common theme is an attempt to rule in a totalitarian way to the point that matters off faith become matters of state.

When given the means a number of Islamic groups go on murderous sprees based on their objective morality. Smaller scale, homosexuals face real dangers in several African countries despite belief in the same God that is the basis for “objective morality.”

Also what happens during a crisis of faith?
 
God meets people where they are, it’s a harsh reality that will break or make a man.

If someone so desires they will die not knowing the Lord. I believe that it’s impossible to die, and then deal with what follows without desiring to know God, but that is my flawed perception of what God’s work is. I believe that because he died for us (Everyone) there is something inherent in existence that will lead you with or without a 100% disposition on God. I need Jesus, I fight every day to remind myself of that because of my past. I also pray for those lost and confused. Like some of those above I agree foolishness is to deny God because of what you think, then use that same logic to teach someone. That, however is my opinion since it’s not my place to judge or be vengeful.
 
If God was objectively clear, wouldn’t the other denominations…that are also earnestly searching for Gods objective truth, come to the same conclusions as Catholics?
When I was a Protestant, I was not earnestly searching for God’s objective truth. I was accepting what I was told. I never even thought I was protesting against anything. It wasn’t until I left the church and started searching for meaning that God made himself known to me. Then I went back to protestant churches, and came to Catholicism by a circuitous route. God is very patient.

If anyone searches for Him, it means he is calling you, and you will be found.
 
Believing in the Bible and God is worth believing in. Religion provides us with answers that science cannot explain. Christianity helps us live out the love which Christ had for us when dying for us.

Jesus is present in the Eucharist and to see the beatific Vision one day gives me much hope.

An atheist should turn from his sinful ways (we all have sin) and focus on Christ and believe in God.
 
When given the means a number of Islamic groups go on murderous sprees based on their objective morality. Smaller scale, homosexuals face real dangers in several African countries despite belief in the same God that is the basis for “objective morality.”
When you say same God are you meaning as the same God catholics worship? 🙂
 
Also what happens during a crisis of faith?
If I become an Atheist again I’d have to admit to myself that everything is as valuable as one esteems it to be to oneself. There would be no final Authority on the matter.
It opens the door to philosophical questions for me like why should I care about someone else for example in the grand scheme of things… not that I wouldn’t care about others.

Also on the topic of right and wrong I cannot condemn an action or praise it.

These issues for me can open the door to being a nihilist for me ultimately in my heart and mind but not that I would live that out.

The fact that I wouldn’t live that out or want to live that out to me might point out that there’s a higher power out there or something.

The Catholic Church might teach something called natural law written on the hearts of mankind.

If I was to become an atheist again my mind would wander the philosophical questions about how we got here (and I don’t mean scientifically) about Good and Evil and why is that such strongly in Mankind’s heart… and are we more than just evolved apes?
 
How about this ground: we decide, democratically what is acceptable and what is not in what circumstances.
You can, but objectively there is no reason why this should be prefered to any other kind of entity that determines morality.
 
Last edited:
You were mentioning Islam so I’m not sure if you were trying to say something as in “the same God you Catholics worship.”?
Don’t the 3 Abrahamic faiths worship their interpretation of the same God?

(That’s a question, not a statement)
 
Yes, but Islam isn’t like Judaism in that it shares scriptures with the other two religions. They have the Quran and for some muslims the Hadiths too.

Islam teaches Jesus is not God’s son and is not God and that He did not die on the cross.

While it’s the same God all three religions worship, they aren’t all guided the same way.

This to me doesn’t prove subjectiveness because it has to conclude in order for it to do so to me that God has not revealed and protected what is true and has left it to human interpretation.
 
Whether that matters or not is subjective too.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top