When I was a Protestant, I was not earnestly searching for God’s objective truth. I was accepting what I was told. I never even thought I was protesting against anything. It wasn’t until I left the church and started searching for meaning that God made himself known to me. Then I went back to protestant churches, and came to Catholicism by a circuitous route. God is very patient.If God was objectively clear, wouldn’t the other denominations…that are also earnestly searching for Gods objective truth, come to the same conclusions as Catholics?
When you say same God are you meaning as the same God catholics worship?When given the means a number of Islamic groups go on murderous sprees based on their objective morality. Smaller scale, homosexuals face real dangers in several African countries despite belief in the same God that is the basis for “objective morality.”
Don’t all Christians worship the same God but just have differing understandings of His nature?When you say same God are you meaning as the same God catholics worship?![]()
If I become an Atheist again I’d have to admit to myself that everything is as valuable as one esteems it to be to oneself. There would be no final Authority on the matter.Also what happens during a crisis of faith?
You were mentioning Islam so I’m not sure if you were trying to say something as in “the same God you Catholics worship.”?Don’t all Christians worship the same God but just have differing understandings of His nature?
You can, but objectively there is no reason why this should be prefered to any other kind of entity that determines morality.How about this ground: we decide, democratically what is acceptable and what is not in what circumstances.
Don’t the 3 Abrahamic faiths worship their interpretation of the same God?You were mentioning Islam so I’m not sure if you were trying to say something as in “the same God you Catholics worship.”?
Except that, as non-believers, we seek out entities that exist.You can, but objectively there is no reason why this should be prefered to any other kind of entity that determines morality.