Sure.
Sorry if I was a bit patronizing. Perhaps I am not a right person to help on this question, since I am not married yet either, and perhaps a person with more experience would help better - but they way I see it now is this:
I totally agree that marriage is when two people decide that they want to be together forever. But surely there’s more to it. Marriage is first of all a Sacrament, and it’s an oath before God - that they will be together forever, also when they grow older and this first, most romantic period of love is gone, they will still do their best to keep the fire burning. And once I heard some priest saying that sex is a body-language way of giving this oath. Of course this is not from the Bible. But this is:
(Mark 10)
*6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.7 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” *
In marriage you give yourself totally to your wife. In sex you also physically give yourself totally to your partner. So here is a similarity. We are made to be monogamic - and give ourselves totally only to one person. To form a family with her, to raise children together with her. I absolutely agree, that sex adds to the spice and excitement of life. But it’s first of all about giving, and then about taking. If you give yourself to many girls before getting married, what kind of physical expression of love will be so special, that you could give to your wife only, as she’s the most exceptional of all these girls?
Also I think if you have sex with many girls, you’re more prone to comparing which one was better in bed etc. and more prone to thinking of sex outside of marriage, once you get married. And this might be very bad for the relationship with your wife, especially when the romantic period of love is gone. Myself I wouldn’t want to risk after e.g. 10 years of marriage, having thoughts like: “ok I’m with my wife, but I just got to know a cute Girl A, younger, and she totally reminds me of Girl B who I have slept with long time ago and it was sooo good…” - I never want to do anything now, that could possibly spoil the way I would think about my wife in the future. This would hurt me, my future wife, or perhaps the girl I would sleep with, and her future husband, etc.
I also totally agree that the role of sex is to provide pleasure and at one point children. But the bit about children is also very important. Every child should have a mother and a father, living in marriage, and loving each other. That’s the only way of providing the child everything he needs, to be brought up properly. If you have sex before marriage - you’re also can hurt your potential child - if she gets pregnant - your child needs to be brought up in a family. So what would you do? Quickly get married? What if this girl is not the right person? Then this marriage could become a nightmare to you sooner or later. And if that happens you get hurt, your wife gets hurt, but also your child gets hurt.
Here’s a nice video for you also:
youtube.com/watch?v=UOKlBs9Tdjc when I watched him some time ago, I finally understood for the 1st time what the sense of it all is.
But as I say I’m not married yet - it would be great if someone more experienced could also comment on my points.
Bless!