I
Irishgal49
Guest
I think you can make a point without the huge capital letters. It makes people look crazy and desperate when they start screaming in their posts. Just state what you believe, your rationale and why.Now you’re just in denial. I and several others have offered you plenty of logical arguments.
Fire is not the worst thing in the world, either, but if you set it to a house, it certainly becomes so. Likewise, sex is not the worst thing in the world. In fact, in its proper context, it is one of the most beautiful things in the world. But, to quote a comic book of all things, “With great power comes great responsibility.” Satisfying your sexual urges without regard or respect to the possible long-term consequences is evil.
I don’t know why I’m even bothering to reply again. I’ll pray you see the truth for what it is.
I want to ask you one question. Please answer this for me: **If, as you say you do, you believe in Jesus, and you believe he is the Son of God, why do you reject His very own words? **
That is ultimately the question that needs to be answered and you have been avoiding it this whole time. What we mere humans have to say, logical as it may be, is ultimately unimportant compared to the words of Jesus Christ himself.
I personally have no problem with sex between two committed people. If I was engaged and we were getting married I have no problem with sex in that situation. I don’t like societies casual attitude and the way that people have used sex as a weapon and bribery and everything else. But if two people are committed to each other then so what. Since a good deal of marriages end up divorced I don’t see the point in having to wait until I’m married if we’re engaged.
I guess those who have 2-3 anullments will sit on here and rail about the value of chastity and that’s fine. I don’t pretend to be something I’m not. If I want to have sex with someone I care about, I will. I have an ex-boyfriend that is coming to town next weekend. I’d just come back to the Church a year ago and we had seen each other for “fun” every other Monday for 3 years. I asked him to put us on hold so I could sort out what I needed to do. He wanted to resume the “casual sex” appts and he’s in a committed relationship. I don’t think that’s being very responsible to cheat on someone else. I told him no. I really really want to be with him but that’s not a committed relationship, that’s not kind to his girlfriend.
I think most people who believe in God and try to live as Christians do tend to weigh out things and just because they don’t always fall into an Orthodox Catholic stance doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to live God’s way. They just don’t always live your interpretation of God’s way. Whether someone likes it or not they have to accept that.
I am working with a Confessor and am a sexual abuse survivor so I guess my take on things is tainted by my experiences, and I can acknowledge that. I have masturbation compulsion issues and he flat out told me God doesn’t send wounded people who act out their brokenness to hell. That stands in stark contrast to what most people say on here. Remember everyone else, except all those on here who are perfect, are broken and many are panicky because they see they can’t measure up. And maybe for them making sure they are at least caring about and committed to the person they have sex with is the best they can do. I don’t feel I am giving advice but just saying that some people don’t agree with the Bible, some people don’t agree with the Church, but they are still coming and I say that’s between them and their Confessor. If they want to state their opinion I will listen. It can only make me a better person. I am not threatened by people who say something different, I just grow weary of the “perfect people” who never talk of their struggle, how they got so perfect, and how they have no love for those who are not “there yet”…none.
Very Sad,
Lorrie