U
User124
Guest
If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
Because Jesus Christ did not do it Himself.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
Can you explain more? Jesus did not marry as well.Because Jesus Christ did not do it Himself.
If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
A) If the pain really does have no solution, then you will die naturally - there is no need to kill yourself.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
One who is in great distress and commits suicide may not be culpable of sin because they are not choosing death freely.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
EVERY sin is seeking a good that is not the greatest good. Yes, there is a good that the person is seeking by committing suicide, but it is not the greatest good.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
As someone who has attempted suicide multiple times and failed in my teens and early 20’s, I will tell you this: it really is a permanent (and sinful) solution to a temporary problem.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
Suicide, the individual’s ultimate decision to end it all, right or wrong, is a flagrant act of rebellion against God. Suicide’s focus is on the pain and self and the final refusal to turn to God as a last resort.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
Yes, Jesus did not marry and there are millions who followed his example.Can you explain more? Jesus did not marry as well.
I’m thankful for your good wishes, but I’m not having any physical or psychological pain.B) If you aren’t dead yet by natural means, this signifies that there is a solution to the problem; you just haven’t found it, yet. Keep looking.
Every problem is temporary; even terminal diseases end in natural death. When you have run out of ideas, just wait - something will happen.
That having been said, my prayers go up for you in your pain. May God abundantly bless you and bring you to a happier more secure place.
I’m against violence, stealing, wars or hurt when it comes to others, but when it comes to our own lives, why aren’t we free to take it?One who is in great distress and commits suicide may not be culpable of sin because they are not choosing death freely.
Suicide, for one who is not experiencing great psychological or emotional trauma is wrong because it is an abandonment of the virtue of hope. Christ experienced the greatest emotional, psychological and physical pain any one ever could and yet he never lost hope.
It also represents a disregard for life which is a precious gift given to us by God.
I’m sorry for your brother, I never tried to commit suicide.As someone who has attempted suicide multiple times and failed in my teens and early 20’s, I will tell you this: it really is a permanent (and sinful) solution to a temporary problem.
Granted, while those problems that make one wish for death do go away, more will come. Life really is about struggles and pain. And it sometimes doesn’t get any easier. When one problem goes away a new problem presents itself usually. But that is our mission here. to struggle, suffer, and overcome. And I would rather suffer temporarily here than suffer permanently in hell. That is the one thing that stopped me from completing the act years ago. The thought of being sent away from my Lord for eternity? Not worth it.
My brother killed himself last year…over health issues. While I do understand what drove him to do that, not a day goes by that I don’t wonder where he is now.
If you believe that God can forgive a murderer, why not those who kill themselves? Does forgiveness only depend on the moment of repentance? If we repent before the moment of death, we are forgiven, if not we are doomed?I have attempted suicide several times in the past, mainly by overdosing on medication. That said, I am so glad that I never succeeded in killing myself. If I had done so, I might have gone to Hell. I have not attempted suicide in about 2 years now.
I’m against suicide in general but there is some cases (few) where suicide could be the only solution.I’ve never made any attempts but in my 20+ years of fighting depression I considered it many times. My personal feeling is that while some say it is the wrong solution to a temporary problem or it is taking the coward’s way out, I say suicide is the ultimate expression of taking control of your like.
Some have also said that it is the ultimate “go away, world” insult to everyone you know and everyone you might have ever met - for example, G. K. Chesterton points out in his essay on suicide that the suicidal person hates the world and everyone in it, and killing himself is his way of destroying it utterly (since, for the suicidal person, it will no longer exist), and removing himself from the company of those he detests (which is, everyone on earth).I’ve never made any attempts but in my 20+ years of fighting depression I considered it many times. My personal feeling is that while some say it is the wrong solution to a temporary problem or it is taking the coward’s way out, I say suicide is the ultimate expression of taking control of your life.
Name 2.I’m against suicide in general but there is some cases (few) where suicide could be the only solution.
It is morally wrong because every moment of life is considered precious, even when one is suffering and nearing the end of one’s life. Life is regarded as a gift from G-d and it shows disrespect for G-d when we treat His gift badly or choose to relinquish it.If there is no solution to end that pain, why taking your own life is wrong?
Not justifying, in some situations it could work, for example:Name 2.
Sorry, I don’t mean to be flippant but your comment here seems to be the cop out for any sin that someone needs to justify. Simply stated. you are saying that sin is the only answer. Whereas in reality, sin is never the answer.