I pray for forgiveness almost every night but is it to late? If God and Jesus really love me will they be able to forgive the mistakes I made as a teenager?
Peace and All Good to you!
It certainly isn’t too late, and as has been said already, Jesus loves you a lot-He loves each of us with a greater, more intimate love than we could possibly understand. He is always willing to forgive us when we turn to Him in our hearts & ask Him for it, remember these words from the Gospel of Luke Chapter 18:[1] And he spoke also a parable to them, that we ought always to pray, and not to faint, [2] Saying: There was a judge in a certain city, who feared not God, nor regarded man. [3] And there was a certain widow in that city, and she came to him, saying: Avenge me of my adversary. [4] And he would not for a long time. But afterwards he said within himself: Although I fear not God, nor regard man, [5] Yet because this widow is troublesome to me, I will avenge her, lest continually coming she weary me.
[6] And the Lord said: Hear what the unjust judge saith. [7] And will not God revenge his elect who cry to him day and night: and will he have patience in their regard? [8] I say to you, that he will quickly revenge them. But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth? [9] And to some who trusted in themselves as just, and despised others, he spoke also this parable: [10] Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
[11] The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. [12] I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess. [13] And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. [14] I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted. (taken from
drbo.org/chapter/49018.htm).
I always found the Jesus Prayer, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, Have Mercy on me a Sinner” to be very helpful in this regard also.
It’s also important to remember that overcoming these sins & temptations takes time & perseverance, unfortunately it’s to usually possible to snap our fingers & magically overcome them so whatever you do please fight against any desire or temptation you may feel towards despair or giving up & just take this road one step at a time, always returning to Jesus, the inexhaustible fountain of Love, Grace, Mercy & Peace
I will be praying for you.
God Bless