V
Virginia804
Guest
It seems logical that God wants everyone in heaven and that anyone who is not there God misses. Have there been mystics or discussions about trading places with someone there?
I ask because of this passage in Romans9:1-3 it says,
1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, 2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen[a] according to the flesh,
I’ve done some research and stumbled across the desert fathers, where the possibility everyone eventually being reconciled to God is not insane. It’s more recent we’ve had the position that when you’re in hell that is permanent. (And there’s the ‘all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well’ from Julian of Norwich)
So have any of you run across any of the fathers of the church discussing this passage in Romans?
I ask because of this passage in Romans9:1-3 it says,
1 I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, 2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen[a] according to the flesh,
I’ve done some research and stumbled across the desert fathers, where the possibility everyone eventually being reconciled to God is not insane. It’s more recent we’ve had the position that when you’re in hell that is permanent. (And there’s the ‘all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well’ from Julian of Norwich)
So have any of you run across any of the fathers of the church discussing this passage in Romans?