Witchcraft - Opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter ConnorMM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had a Catholic grandmother, her grandmother would NOT approve of tarot cards or divination.
In fact, if this Catholic gran died in friendship with God, she is not communicating with her granddaughter. She is praying FOR her granddaughter. The communication is coming either through the teen’s imagination or from a demon impersonating the grandmother.

Praying, Bl Barto Longo, pray for this child!
 
I started reading about the occult after I read a lot of philosophy books then I started noticing that there are a lot of things hidden in this world especially in secrete society’s were they practice this, the reality is I started having visions from what I saw I could not speak Even to this day of the evil I witnessed in these visions for if you uncover what the evil one is doing you will certainly be killed and tortured !

If you want to have mystical experiences it will be true Lucifer or through God I would choose God if I was you.

The steps in order to have mystical experiences is read the lives of the mystics and then live the life that these mystics lived and wild asking God for what you want and that’s it.

This devotion is 24 hours a day 365 days a year and like all mystics you will be on the good side but closer to fighting evil then anyone on earth !
 
2117 All practices of magic or sorcery , by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion.
It’s undoubtedly contrary to Catholic religion. But most ancient religions had people who claimed to practice magic, tell the future or the will of the gods through divination, etc. Humans have been doing this for thousands and probably hundreds of thousands of years. The ancient Sumerians and Babylonians and Egyptians practiced divination as did the ancient Chinese. Shamans among Native Americans and peoples living in northern Asia did the same. Priests among the ancient Maya practiced divination. I find it hard to believe that this has anything to do with the devil. Instead, it just reflects a perfectly natural human desire to try and control the unpredictable natural forces around them.
 
Last edited:
Please see the Scriptures cited by (name removed by moderator) on this thread. St. Paul cites Ps. 95: 5 in one of his Epistles.
 
It has been around so long that we have more than one warning about it in the Old Testament.

It is contrary to the Christian faith.
 
Yes, steer clear of it and dont encourage her or buy her anything to use for it. You should love her and pray for her but hate that she does this thing in the same way youd hate it if she were using drugs.
She may not believe in the devil but he is still using her for his own ends and does not require her belief. Have you never heard the saying that Satans greatest triumph is getting people to believe he doesn’t exist? By messing with things she does not understand ie. the occult she is opening herself up to diabolical oppression or possession and/or such things and not only herself but her family too. Have a mass intention said for her for her birthday and rather than buying her candles or something she can use for negative intentions perhaps just take her out for coffee or get her something else. Otherwise ask your priest to bless the candles ( you dont have to explain why just a gift is fine I’d expect). God bless
 
I became very interested with Wicca/ Paganism when I was younger. It appealed to me because it gave me means to be spiritual and connect with ‘something more’ while avoiding any sort of ‘evil’ organized religion. That is how I felt about it at the time. Wicca is also very appealing as a female because it deifies womanhood and fertility. It furthermore takes elements of whimsy and fantasy that most people adore from their childhood and attempts to paint them as real. It’s very seductive to a young questioning mind.

For me, it was so much fun to go running outside in nature with other girls, hold hands, dance, and ‘draw down the moon’. They even had their own take on eucharist interwoven into ritual: ‘cakes and ale’. We also used to read tarot cards and play at having powers/ being able to see glimpses of things in meditation or while dreaming. Here is the thing… We were playing. 100% It was no different from playing make-believe as kids. We never admitted to it, but I think we all knew it. I think there was this shared sentiment of- if I am going to pretend to believe in something, in order to be less afraid of life/death, I want it to be a fun thing that doesn’t judge other people.

Now- I can’t speak for the people who talk about possessions and the like. I don’t think we ever experienced that, even playing around with quigi (sp?) boards. Not in any noticeable way at least…

I can say this. It never satisfied. It never filled the voids we were trying to fill. It as ‘fun’ and it made me feel ‘cool’ and ‘different’, but it never fed the longings in spirit. I remember feeling very depressed at that point in my life.

For me- the turn around came when I had children and felt this inexplicable longing to raise them in the church. I remember watching the news and listening to people talk/ peers talk and thinking ‘What is wrong with the world?’ Wherever I saw sickness in society, it became more and more obvious that the problem areas were directly related to a turning away from Christianity. If Christianity was so good for the world and so good for people… maybe it was true?

I began my journey back. It’s now strange to think I used to consider myself a witch. I feel kind of embarrassed remembering it. When I meet other ladies, some even my age now, who are into it- I feel second hand embarrassment for them.
 
Last edited:
I think you may have misunderstood me. The priest was the one who was chuckling at some of the stuff I did. He didn’t comment on it and just absolved me. This happened when I was at college and straying from God and way before I was catholic but I confessed it to be on the safe side
 
I think you may have misunderstood me. The priest was the one who was chuckling at some of the stuff I did. He didn’t comment on it and just absolved me. This happened when I was at college and straying from God and way before I was catholic but I confessed it to be on the safe side
I thought you meant he thought it was bs, not that you did, but in any case it is the same either way.

I think it falls under the category of giving your physician all the information they need to treat you. It matters whether you’re culpable or not, but it is also good information for a priest to know the dangers you’ve been in and what could be swaying you even if it isn’t your fault. Let the priest decide that.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top