No. But what it all does mean is that when you both find yourself in a situation where you are both of two different minds on one specific topic at some point, one person has to concede. God is asking you to trust that the man that God called you to marry will have YOUR best interests at heart and allow him to make that decision.
For example, after my family spent a year in Detroit, my husband was looking for other jobs. We thought he had a very good lead for one, in an area that I was excited to move to. In fact that job fell through, and while I wanted him to keep looking for a different job, another one came open that would have moved us to a podunk town in the midwest, a lot smaller than what we were used to. I was not happy. Especially when he accepted the job for that town, the morning I was in labor with our third child. He went to talk to the CEO and find us a place to live a week later, and we moved to that podunk town two and half weeks after that. Now I could’ve thrown a fit, and would probably have had every right to (I mean who is on the phone while his wife is in labor, really!!!) But you know what…
It was the best experience of my life. I made some great friends in that town, and I miss the parish, and I wish we hadn’t had to move away from there, because I miss it. But I trust that God and Holy Spirit are helping guide my husband in doing what is best for our family. It bothers me when wives and future wives say that they will “NEVER, EVER submit to their husbands,” as if their husbands are acting as autonomous individuals. Apparently it doesn’t occur to them that the good Catholic husband, faithful to the Church, has the Holy Spirit guiding him and the trust of God as well as his trust in God that he will be able to take care of his family. The ones that follow the Holy Spirit and trust in God, they are the ones that will listen to their wives and allow a “partnership” to grow, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t to be submitted to.
Of course, that doesn’t mean that I never get my way. Are you kidding me? I convinced my husband to take all (now 6 of us) to Atlanta with him while he went to a conference. We went to the Coca Cola Museum, the Cyclorama, and Stone Mountain. The kids and I had a blast! He was stuck in meetings for 15 hours a day. hehehe
And you better believe when he begins spending too much time on the computer, I most certainly disconnected the router until we “discuss” how much time he should be spending with the children.
By the way: Chi Rho made this statement in refuting the idea of submission meaning “under the mission” Furthermore, it comes from the Latin “submittere”. Sub: to place under, mittere: to send. I’m just trying to figure out how these are different. Especially many of the definitions of mission is involves sending. I think I understand what you were trying to get at, but either in Latin or English, it’s the same thing.