"Women SUBMIT to your Husbands"

• Thread starter Thread starter Yoeme
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what it means. I’m a man and it isn’t written to me. It’s written to women. YOU figure it out and share the answer among yourselves!

I got enough problems figuring out how to love my wife as Christ loved the Church. That’s a HARD one! 😉

The ENTIRE bible has to be read in context. Yes, the woman has to submit but what does the man have to do. Peter tells men to HONOR their wives or their prayers will be hindered from being heard in heaven.:eek:

That verse would scare me to death if I was a guy. Yet, I never hear people discussing Peter 3:7 or even saying that poor men are discriminated against in the bible. After all, the bible doesn’t state that the woman’s prayers will be ignored if she doesn’t submit.

Peter 3:7

If women are submitting to their husbands and men are honoring their wives and willing to give their lives for them, the marriage will not feel like one side is off balanced when it comes to control.

Ok, Why did I ask???

As with all things in the Bible, I believe we must look at in the relationship it puts in with God.

A man that submits to God will do those things that God would have, and will lead his family to where God wants them.

A woman that submits to God, will recognize when her husband has submitted to to God, and thus know when God is speaking or leading through her husband, the same for the husband.

When we submit to God, we will recognize God’s voice in those around us, and will see when it is he that is leading.

Ok, Why did I ask???

As with all things in the Bible, I believe we must look at in the relationship it puts in with God.

A man that submits to God will do those things that God would have, and will lead his family to where God wants them.

A woman that submits to God, will recognize when her husband has submitted to to God, and thus know when God is speaking or leading through her husband, the same for the husband.

When we submit to God, we will recognize God’s voice in those around us, and will see when it is he that is leading.
Did you already have the answer when you started the thread?:confused:

the text means:

(and listen because this interpretation I heard from a christian man that had been happily married for 50 years and only got more and more happy:

acording to the Bible the man is the leader of the household and at the same time the slave/servant.

thats the short fact.
now we all know that for the ideals to work, LOVE has to be there as the foundation of every act. thats an ideal… not something to beat oneself or the spouse in the head with when it does not work that way. We are only humans. I think relaxing a little bit would help a lot of pious people who are so perfectionistic that they can never relax.

Now… If the man is ungodly then you have a duty to God before man… as Scripture also says.

I dunno what it means. I’m a man and it isn’t written to me. It’s written to women. YOU figure it out and share the answer among yourselves!

I got enough problems figuring out how to love my wife as Christ loved the Church. That’s a HARD one! 😉
My husband is always telling me that he has the harder job - you are not alone there! 🙂

~Liza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back