H
Holly3278
Guest
Hey everyone. On another website I said that God is Catholic. I said this because He founded the Catholic Church. Is it correct to say God is Catholic?
He is also man. The Incarnation lasts forever.I would not think so.
To be Catholic you need to have received the sacraments of initiation.
God has never received a Christian baptism, wiping away the stain of Original Sin (which He never had).
No bishop of the Catholic Church ever confirmed Him (strengthening in Him the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which He never received).
And he has never eaten the Body nor drunk the Blood of Christ.
He is pure spirit.
I would say no because it places the faith above God. Similar to how “God is on my side” places you above God (it should be “I’m on God’s side”).Hey everyone. On another website I said that God is Catholic. I said this because He founded the Catholic Church. Is it correct to say God is Catholic?
The way you’ve worded this makes it sound as if you don’t think it would be odd to say Christ or the Holy Spirit are a part of a religion. Is that intended? If so, I’d be interested to here why you think that.No. It would be odd to say God the Father is part of any religion.
God is definitely Catholic!Hey everyone. On another website I said that God is Catholic. I said this because He founded the Catholic Church. Is it correct to say God is Catholic?
It is definitely true to say that Christ, who is God, founded the Catholic Church, that the Catholic Church is the sacrament of salvation to the whole world, the body of Christ, which has the fullness of truth. The Catholic Church is as they say, “the one true Church”, that contains the truth and presence of God in abundance.Perhaps I should clarify what I meant when I said God is Catholic. What I meant when I said that God is Catholic is that the only religion that is totally pleasing to God is the Catholic Church. Does that make more sense? I’m sorry if I confused anyone with my original post. I didn’t make clear what I meant so it was my fault.
Christ, during his time on Earth, was Jewish and even referred to as rabbi. I would go so far as to say that the only way Jesus abstained from all sin was by being Jewish instead of Catholic or Christian because Judaism worships the Father alone.The way you’ve worded this makes it sound as if you don’t think it would be odd to say Christ or the Holy Spirit are a part of a religion. Is that intended? If so, I’d be interested to here why you think that.
The Church, the bride of Christ, is the embodiment of Christ after the death of Jesus. When Jesus gasped his last breath at that very moment the Church was born. While God is beyond our limited understanding of “Church” or “Catholic” it is his will that their be a deposit of Faith for us to turn to during our earthly life.
Well, the Son (2nd person of God) is man. But neither the Father nor the Spirit are man. So I guess the next question would beHe is also man. The Incarnation lasts forever.
All these apply only to Jesus. Not to God (a trinity of beings).God is definitely Catholic!
He celebrated Baptism in the river.
He celebrated Reconciliation on the Cross.
He celebrated Eucharist at the Last Supper.
He celebrated Confirmation in the Garden.
He celebrated Matrimony in The Apocalypse of Saint John.
He celebrated Holy Orders as The Great High Priest.
He celebrated Anointing of the Sick in His Passion.
Thanks for sharing such an intriguing question!
Perhaps another way of looking at it is this:God is definitely Catholic!
He celebrated Baptism in the river.
He celebrated Reconciliation on the Cross.
He celebrated Eucharist at the Last Supper.
He celebrated Confirmation in the Garden.
He celebrated Matrimony in The Apocalypse of Saint John.
He celebrated Holy Orders as The Great High Priest.
He celebrated Anointing of the Sick in His Passion.
Thanks for sharing such an intriguing question!