Would you remove a crucifix from your wall if a Realtor asked you to?

• Thread starter Thread starter Aurelia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I would not remove it. We should not be ashamed of being Christian and our faith in God tells us that we will sell our homes according to His will. You might even have a blessing and sell your home faster. If you lose a buyer because they don’t like the cross, that’s fine because you still stood with your love for Jesus and that’s all that matters.

Greg

40.png
Thomas2:
No - I’d get a new realtor!
That’s even better.

Theodora

Absolutely not! If I was still living in my home while it was on the market I would certainly never remove any of my religious items. If a realtor suggested I do so I would find another realtor!!

tT

Do you have the picture of the same dogs at the last supper? Some consider it sacreligeous. I look at it as a St Francis version of dogs honoring Jesus.

Crucifix and Icons stayed up for the sale of our flat, wouldn’t have considered taking them down!

I think the point may be being missed here. I am sure that if the original article were quoted in it’s entirety, there would be many other suggestions to sell a home quickly and profitably.

It is not to suggest that religious items are offensive, rather to create a neutral mood or feeling for the prospective buyer. The intention is to remove all signs of the current homeowner’s personality. This may include bold wall colors, specific styles (country, modern, etc) and even pets. Most real estate agents will even suggest putting away the family photos. This does not mean that you are somehow denying your family, rather it allows the prospective buyer to see the home as “ready to move in” and apply their own personal touches.

One of the best things I’ve seen (and yes, it was on one of the home selling tv shows) is to put all of your stuff in storage and rent furniture and accessories to show your home. On this particular episode it worked so well that the seller ended up getting way more than the asking price!

Yes, intellectually the buyer should be able to look past your bright purple walls, family photos, the cat hair on your sofa, your 25 year old furniture, and even your religious articles. But the first impression of your home will be an emotional response to the overall atmoshphere, or mood.

So, if your goal is to sell to a religious buyer, by all means market it that way. But if you want to appeal to the majority, you will have to make your home neutral. Just because you decide to paint your walls beige doesn’t mean that you are ashamed of your love of purple!

This is all about perspective. If you personally feel that it would be a denial of your faith to take down the crucifix or other religious items, then you shouldn’t. But you also shouldn’t judge the person who would as being ashamed of their Faith.

the article was written with the intention of selling homes… I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an attack on those of us with Faith.

Finella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back