đź’° New York Times: Trump paid no income taxes in 10 out of 15 years beginning in 2000

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine on Facebook posted that Wesley Snipes had to spend three years in jail because of tax evasion.
That is because he was guilty of criminal activity.

Using laws that are already in place to reduce one’s tax burden is not a crime.

So he could have gotten away with it if he had only had better accountants.

A friend of mine on Facebook posted that Wesley Snipes had to spend three years in jail because of tax evasion.
That’s how they got Al Capone…he spent his last days with his mind decaying from neurosyphilis while in the slammer.
No, so he would have gotten away with it if he hadn’t violated the law.
" On April 24, 2008, Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison for willful failure to file federal income tax returns under 26 U.S.C. § 7203"

Wesley Snipes - Wikipedia.

So he could have gotten away with it if he had only had better accountants.
He was acquitted of the charges related to intent to defraud the government (i.e., tax evasion) precisely because he had frauds and swindlers as his accountants.

From the lawyer that defended Snipes and got him off the evasion charges…

However, he was charged and served three years for failure to file tax returns that involved millions of dollars in income not being reported.

Now if we are comparing apples to apples, is your Facebook friend attempting to make the case that Trump failed to file tax returns?

Or that the IRSs own tabulations based upon credible tax information has falsely concluded that Trump only owed $750? Does your friend know more about Trump’s taxes than the IRS?

Or are people merely engaging in egregious envy?

Last edited:
Just to be clear, there is no evidence of tax evasion, or at least any I have heard of. People who lose money do not pay income tax.

Well Trump’s supporters just say this shows that Trump is smart so it’s a non-starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back