šŸ˜· You still need to wear a mask after getting the COVID-19 vaccine

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThinkingSapien

The šŸ˜· goes over the šŸ‘ƒ!

Even if you have had the virus, there is reason to get the vaccine.

You might be able to get it again.
This is a statistical anomaly, and shouldnā€™t be driving broad policy by itself. Reinfection is possible, but not probable.

I continue masking up (Iā€™m recovered) because we donā€™t have a ā€˜recoveredā€™ armband and my wearing a mask is good theater that supports everyone else wearing a mask, that are at risk of infection.

This is a statistical anomaly, and shouldnā€™t be driving broad policy by itself. Reinfection is possible, but not probable.
Iā€™m not even convinced it is possible.
It seems likely to me a reinfection is nothing more than a false positive followed by an actual positive.

48.png
Theo520:
Iā€™m not even convinced it is possible.
It seems likely to me a reinfection is nothing more than a false positive followed by an actual positive.
There is at least one documented instance of reinfection. It was confirmed by DNA sequencing. The second infection had some slight differences in the sequence. So it was a different strain of covid than the first time.

There is at least one documented instance of reinfection. It was confirmed by DNA sequencing. The second infection had some slight differences in the sequence. So it was a different strain of covid than the first time.
I can see that.
Just as there are different strains of flu.

But I am not convinced it is a widespread thing

Yes, itā€™s possible but not probable.
Until it becomes probably, it shouldnā€™t be driving policy. In the future weā€™ll probably get a Covid/Flu shot every season.

Havenā€™t worn it before I had Covid.

Havenā€™t worn it after I had Covid

Wonā€™t be getting a vaccine.

Still wonā€™t be wearing a mask.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

It was confirmed by DNA sequencing.
I want to see it. Please link to it.

One of their ā€œpositiveā€ tests could have been by a person breathing up viral ā€œbody partsā€ from someone else that had a ā€œrealā€ corona virus infection.

They exhale inactive particles for awhile after their infection.

With over-re-samplings on the PCR testing, there is no telling if this guy had two viral infections or not.

It would be more likely to assume he has an underlying indolent immunosupressive problem that is in the process of ā€œblossomingā€ with maybe one real infection.

Or an RSV (or flu) which gave him the symptoms and happened to inhale and spill inactive corona markers in his sample.

The last I saw there was something like a hundred and fifty alleged people who were ā€œinfected twiceā€ worldwide.

Doubtful that almost any claims are genuine. At least thatā€™s my opinion based on the evidence I just discussed.

Last edited:
I was just at a local bar. Hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Maybe 25% of the patrons. I guess weā€™ll see if I contract Covid19ā€¦

When possible I suppose. Then again, everyone is usually older than me and not taking any precautions eitherā€¦ So I guess weā€™ll see

I seldom wear a mask while I am having a drink. It tends to make the mask very cold and wet!

Last edited:
I dip mine in gin or scotch and suck on it while Iā€™m waiting for the food. šŸ„ƒšŸ˜·

Last edited:

Disney World was adding digital face masks to guests in ride photos​

It was apparently an experiment to discourage risky behavior.

Disney World is unsurprisingly determined to enforce mask wearing during the COVID-19 pandemic, but that has led it to some unusual experimentation with technology. Disney told WDW News Today in a statement that it stopped a recent practice of digitally placing masks on to the faces of theme park guests who are uncovered in ride photos. This was a test ā€œin response to guest requests,ā€ Disney said, although it didnā€™t explain why it began or stopped the practice.

Guests like Facebook user Tony Townsend recently noticed the practice for certain rides, including Dinosaur (above) and Buzz Lightyearā€™s Space Ranger Spin. Many believe the digital edits were meant to discourage riders from taking their masks off for the sake of a picture ā€”people are theoretically less likely to endanger others if they know theyā€™ll be seen wearing a mask regardless.

I heard it on the news. But you and Theo are correct in saying that observed reinfections are very very rare. I mention it only in regard to ā€œhow do they knowā€ is wasnā€™t just the same infection.
Very reasonable.

I was just at a local bar. Hardly anyone was wearing a mask. Maybe 25% of the patrons. I guess weā€™ll see if I contract Covid19ā€¦
Iā€™m in a college town and the number of students who donā€™t bother with masks is ridiculous. Itā€™s not surprising that their age group is the one spiking the COVID cases in our area, way out in front of all the other age groups by a country mile according to the stats from our county health department.

Iā€™m in a college town and the number of students who donā€™t bother with masks is ridiculous. Itā€™s not surprising that their age group is the one spiking the COVID cases in our area
The amazing thing is that most of the restaurant patrons were over 40 and not wearing masks. Me and my friends got a booth and wore ours. The place was clean and everything sanitary but stillā€¦

The place was clean and everything sanitary but stillā€¦
That statement stands out. Are you saying it appeared clean? In a discussion about a microscopic airbourne pathogen, I think it is difficult to declare any place as ā€œclean.ā€

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back