😷 You still need to wear a mask after getting the COVID-19 vaccine

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some places, the mask requirement is waived when you are sitting at a restaurant table to eat. This has resulted in many people of all ages sitting around at restaurants or in large groups on restaurant patios, maskless, for hours. It’s crazy, they are talking and eating and often not distanced. I don’t go to restaurants till this is over.

That statement stands out. Are you saying it appeared clean?
Well considering that I sat down on fresh disinfectant, yes. I could smell the chemicals too. Part of my daily job involves cleaning, so yes, I can tell if an establishment is pretty sanitary.
I think it is difficult to declare any place as “clean.”
No place is truly clean. Nobody at my workplace has gotten sick and we’re in close contact every morning. We just wear our masks and sanitize our hands as needed.

In some places, the mask requirement is waived when you are sitting at a restaurant table to eat.
Last time I got sick it was sitting at the bar next to other people. I ain’t doing that again. The booth or patio is much better.

In my state, tables have to be at least 6 feet apart. We ate at Cracker Barrel the other day and the tables were much further than 6 feet apart. I don’t see eating out as any worse than going to the grocery store or to mass.

We do not have to wear masks once seated.

Last edited:
I went into a local restaurant to pick up takeout a few months ago. This was indoors and just after we came off lockdown. My area is historic and was mostly built in the late 1800s, so the restaurant spaces are small.

There must have been 100 people in there not distanced eating maskless at close tables. The only people in masks were the servers, hosts, and me picking up takeout.

I did not rat them out (for instance by posting what I saw on a community group) because I suspect most of the other restaurants were also doing similar things and I know they were trying to stay afloat. However, it was pretty horrifying. I also heard from some of my friends elsewhere who are servers or bartenders that they’ve been forced to work in similar environments and they have no choice as they don’t want to lose their job.

I pray for a vaccine soon.

Last edited:
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

That’s their 3rd or 4th account in 72 hours. I’m frankly amazed that CAF refuses to clamp down on this issue. It’s downright embarrassing.

My daughter at college reports the same. Just 15 miles away, everyone around here wears masks. Higher population of vulnerable people.

Obviously.
People are dying from this. Spreading such misinformation is irresponsible in the extreme.

Yes, you should. The fact that you & your family survived covid – praise God! – does not diminish the danger, nor prove your unsupported contention about masks not being any use and even causing causing pneumonia.

This is the problem: you can’t “act like you’re the scientist” if you aren’t trained as a scientist. People are play acting and it’s killing others.

That’s their 3rd or 4th account in 72 hours. I’m frankly amazed that CAF refuses to clamp down on this issue. It’s downright embarrassing.
In 2 weeks and some days, it won’t matter any more.

Given that we are down to final weeks, I feel like it may make sense to just not allow new accounts to be opened.

My father in law died of covid. My mother in law was hospitalized for almost two months. She was weakened to the point of not being able to stand or walk.

Adding my nephew also had covid. He lost 20 pounds over the course of about a week.

Given that we are down to final weeks, I feel like it may make sense to just not allow new accounts to be opened.
I agree wholeheartedly, but I suspect there is a policy in place to let everyone in, and that the policy will be maintained until the forum goes kaput.

Given that they have the word “Catholic” in their domain and in their forum title, excluding anyone would risk bringing down some big firestorm of “The Catholics excluded me!” Which is not good for evangelization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back