šŸ˜· You still need to wear a mask after getting the COVID-19 vaccine

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ad ns your degree in infectious diseases is from which university?

This is kind of a bad place for us to be in. If we criticize your claims, weā€™re also criticizing your parents. And by your own admission, you donā€™t have much experience discussing issues with others. Iā€™ll simply note that someoneā€™s degree as a registered nurse does not qualify her to make definitive claims about infectious diseases.

Iā€™m over three times your age, my dear. I (and most here) are no strangers to considering multiple points of view.

Just report the account. Itā€™s the same troll thatā€™s been reappearing under numerous accounts.

There can be one or more people involved. Thereā€™s no way to know. Regardless, theyā€™ve been tormenting the Forum for over a year.

The science is what I look at. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t spread debunked accusations against scientists.

Last edited:
Yes, the names are nearly always bizarre and the accounts look like theyā€™re put together in great haste. They stick out quite a bit.

I see you are new here.

As the person making the claim, it is your responsibility to back up your claim when asked, with a source. It is not up to the person that asks you about it to look it up. If you arenā€™t willing to discuss facts, please donā€™t post them as such.

I hope this isnā€™t too big a shock, but your mom isnā€™t the only person on the planet who knows how to read. :roll_eyes:

If you plan to try to get more experience at it and sharpen that axe, might I suggest checking out ā€œlogical fallacies.ā€ Knowing them, and how to recognize them can assist in both recognizing bad arguments and avoid making arguments of some common bad forms.

We donā€™t know what your mom reads and may not be able to specifically comment on it. What she is reading may be like or may be unlike the materials we reference.

Asking for one to support their own assertions isnā€™t an indication of being upset. It is a discussion norm. Each person here has to support their own assertions. Unsupported and unsubstantiated arguments are often dismissed.

Thatā€™s not a specific custom of this forum, but something you will find in argumentation in general. Most recently, weā€™ve seen failures to support assertions in the election court cases, most of which were also dismissed.

Last edited:
To my mind, an apology should not include the word if. It also should concentrate on what the apologist thinks (or knows) was their behavior for which they are apologizing, not for the other personā€™s reaction. Just a general thought.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right (name removed by moderator). I put up that video several weeks back. Yes there were conditions (those are in the video too) but he certainly said that.

The vaccine stops the disease covid 19. The vaccine does not stop the virus that causes this disease. Masking and the other measures makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back