_Why did God create us?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fatima-Crusader
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angels do have free will, example fallen angels are angels who choose Lucifer over God.

Second Angels can reproduce they did it with humans and created giants in the Old Testament !

Last edited:
Angels can’t love God in the same way humans can, we’re do people find all this made up stuff.

Angels do have free will,some of them choose Lucifer over God that’s a example of free will.

It’s not my fault I’m inclined to sign
That’s correct. The inclination to sin is a consequence of Adams first sin. BUT we do have the choice to co-operate with Gods’ grace to not sin, or to give in to our own free wills, and thus give in to sin. Yes our wills are weak, but God gives us the grace to fight these temptations which they are until we consent to the thought/word/deed etc.
Conforming our wills to Gods’ Will is a lifelong process of purifying our wills so that they become pure and we always will what God Wills and not ourselves choose a lesser good than God, which is what we do when we choose to sin.
2 Corinthians chapter 12:9

Last edited:
Angels do have free will, example fallen angels are angels who choose Lucifer over God.

Second Angels can reproduce they did it with humans and created giants in the Old Testament !
You didn’t read what I wrote.

Angels make ONE free will choice. God or Satan. And that’s it. Once they have chosen, they don’t get a second chance; they are forever committed.
Humans on the other hand have dozens of opportunities to choose between God and Satan. We make choices regarding sin on a daily basis.

Angels do not have sex organs. Jesus has said this. Angels do not reproduce. God makes angels directly; he did not make a pair of angels and let them have sex and create more angels.
I would not take those old testament folklore stories literally.

Angels do (or did?) have free will but since the fallen angels have any of those who remained with God disobeyed and sinned? They have remained in God’s graces while the fallen angels can’t and don’t want to be reconciled with God. Humans continue to exercise free will to and choose to sin and be forgiven. In contrast perhaps the angels’ free will to choice to sin and disobey or not to sin and disobey was a one time act with permanent consequences.

Last edited:
State we’re jesus said angels don’t have free will anymore?

Then…

State we’re it says angels don’t have sexual organs ?

I know they have free will to choose Lucifer still

And also

Have sexual organs to reproduce

Angels have free will I don’t know why people think otherwise !

also why didnt we retain the state of original justice that adam had, ie living forever and knowlege
Even Adam, with all he’d been given, hadn’t quite “arrived”’. Anyway, from the catechism:

310 But why did God not create a world so perfect that no evil could exist in it? With infinite power God could always create something better.174 But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world “in a state of journeying” towards its ultimate perfection. In God’s plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection.175

1732 As long as freedom has not bound itself definitively to its ultimate good which is God, there is the possibility of choosing between good and evil , and thus of growing in perfection or of failing and sinning. This freedom characterizes properly human acts. It is the basis of praise or blame, merit or reproach.

Last edited:
I didn’t say they don’t or at least did have free will. But it is different than humans which is obvious. How many who stayed with God when the others fell have subsequently sinned and disobeyed God?

As I stated quote were Jesus said they don’t have sex organs when some of the very first angels were punished as a result of matting with humans !

You’d have to find a mystic who could ask the question, how much fell after Lucifer’s fall but I presume a lot have been raised and a lot have falling.

Wrong Interpretation of Scripture.
I know they have free will to choose Lucifer still

And also

Have sexual organs to reproduce
You’re Mistaken About A Great Many Things.
when some of the very first angels were punished as a result of matting with humans !
Once again, you’re misunderstanding Scripture.

Last edited:
Genesis 6

the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them.

It literally states it in Genesis ! Angels mingled with humans creating giants

It literally states it in Genesis ! Angels mingled with humans creating giants
No. Angel’s are not sons of God nor have ever been described as such. From Haydock’s Commentary:
" Ver. 2. The sons of God. The descendants of Seth and Enos are here called Sons of God, from their religion and piety: whereas the ungodly race of Cain, who by their carnal affections lay grovelling upon the earth, are called the children of men."

Angels are pure spirit without bodies. Well at least according to St Thomas Aquinas and the Church. Not sure how with those facts angels could reproduce with humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back