C
csidelinger
Guest
Is it a sin if I abstain from sex with my wife due to medical issues related to diabetes and a possible stroke?
Talk to your doctor about whether you should be engaging in intercourse.Is it a sin if I abstain from sex with my wife due to medical issues related to diabetes and a possible stroke?
By mutual consent.Whomever made that post was misinformed. There are saints that were married and never even consumated the marriage (St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin comes to mind)
Look up Saint Elzear and blessed Delphina - man and wife who abstained their entire married lives.“Some have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven.”
I assume that you’re referring to someone quoting St. Paul . . .I saw a post on here at states we can only abstain for a short period of time.
Is she Catholic?She would like me to use BC
Have you suggested Natural Family Planning to her?Yes she is and yes she is the one with the medical issues.
Talk to your priest and an NFP professional. NFP works. It’s not infallible, but neither is birth control. Very conservative NFP can be 99% effective, if used properly. I recommend the Marquette Method. You can google it.I have many times, but she claims it won’t work because we “tried” it and got pregnant. We never received any formal information or took any classes.