Adoration before the Blessed Sacrament?

• Thread starter Thread starter JennyM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we have had one for many years. I love adoration and receive so much peace in my day from going.šŸ˜ƒ

To me, adoration before the Blessed Sacrament is absolutely wonderful. If I could spend more time before the Blessed Sacrament, I would. I just get the most wonderful peaceful feeling being with Our Lord and with no distractions. I read somewhere about a chap who used to be in the church day in and day out staring at the Blessed Sacrament and eventually someone asked him what he is doing and he said, ā€œI look at the Lord and the Lord looks at meā€. I always think of that if I donā€™t have much to say at times when I visit Him in the Blessed Sacrament.

Iā€™m trying to encourage my kids that whenever we pass a church, to pop in and say a quick prayer to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. They may not realise it now but in the future, when problems arise, they may need help and thereā€™s nothing better than talking to Him in the Blessed Sacrament.

When I was in high school I used to pop into chapel regularly for this. Into my adulthood, I would stop in churches to ā€œsay heyā€ daily. Even after I left the church, I would drop in for adoration.

But most churches are locked all the time now. I still try to go on Holy Thurs, but donā€™t make it every year. It stinks to have to make an apt with Christ. I think this is one of the saddest things ever. It was the last good contact I had with the church, and now itā€™s gone. It was the last good, real thing I felt I got from Catholicism.

cheddar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back