Am stunned that this is allowed

  • Thread starter Thread starter halogirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that homelessness is often an issue of mental illness. Sometimes people get kicked out of shelters because they are belligerent or shooting up in there. Sometimes they prefer living in the streets for reasons a healthy mind can’t comprehend. There are people willing to help: the problem is getting people to let themselves be helped.
 
God’s mercy is limitless, but even in Purgatory, she will regret the beautiful human life she could have lived, but was deceived out of.

This is what the “philosophically enlightened” Europeans come up with? In which case, thank God for nonphilosophers, and the Atlantic Ocean!

ICXC NIKA
 
Last edited:
This is what the “philosophically enlightened” Europeans come up with? In which case, thank God for nonphilosophers, and the Atlantic Ocean!
You do realise, I hope, that there are 51 countries wholly or partly in Europe, and that euthanasia is legal only in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg, which combined represent about 3.7 percent of Europe by population. The Benelux countries, which occupy less than 0.8 percent of the total area of Europe, share a distinct geographical, historical, cultural, political, and economic identity within the continent. Euthanasia is also legal in the much larger American countries of Canada and Colombia.
 
Last edited:
After a bit of research, I found that Dutch law forbids “euthanasia” of mentally ill people.

@Londoner
Euthanasia is also legal in the much larger American countries of Canada and Colombia.
In the U.S., the Supreme Court has left the states to decide the issue.

Currently, 7 out of 50 states and the District of Columbia allow physician-assisted suicide.

Typically, a physician prescribes a drug that can kill the patient. In other cases, a physician sets up an IV, and then the patient presses a button to start the flow of drugs. As far as I know, the physician doesn’t administer the drug.
 
Last edited:
Correction taken.

I am glad to hear that most of your great nations have not accepted that horror.

ICXC NIKA
 
Well of course they’re the happiest countries in the world! Anyone who gets depressed or traumatized is encouraged to kill themselves! They also have discovered the “cure” for Downs Syndrome.
 
Really had to coax it out of you, but this is what I thought you and the original commentator were alluding to.

Honestly the widespread belief in “demographic displacement” and “white genocide” is what makes me so sceptical of the pro-life movement. Are these things bad because they threaten the sanctity of life, or because they threaten the existence of a white Europa?
 
Honestly the widespread belief in “demographic displacement” and “white genocide” is what makes me so sceptical of the pro-life movement. Are these things bad because they threaten the sanctity of life, or because they threaten the existence of a white Europa?
Those are two largely independent issues. Trying to showhorn them together is disingenious.
 
Those are two largely independent issues. Trying to showhorn them together is disingenious.
I wasn’t the one who made the connection, so I don’t know why you’re replying to me.
 
Do I have a problem with whites becoming minorities in their own country’s? Yeah, I do.
At least you’re honest.
But that has nothing to do with my problem with abortion. If anything, if race was my number one priority I’d be a huge fan of abortions given the demographics of abortion in the US.
We are discussing Europe, particularly Belgium and the Netherlands. Besides, this is disingenious - plenty of white supremacists oppose abortion for white women while being ambivalent towards abortion among other ethnicities.

I am glad you’re honest though. The inclusion of white supremacists and their narratives in the “pro-life” movement is an elephant that non-racist pro-lifers seem to refuse to deal with, or something they’re ignorant of. Maybe more honesty from your lot will motivate them to disown you.
 
It’s too easy to think of Muslims as masses of people who have unchecked fertility rates but does it hold up against close scrutiny?

If you looked at historically Islamic lands, you will find that their fertility rates are also falling to below replacement levels.

Fertility rates have been falling worldwide with the exception of Sub Saharan Africa.

Immigrants may have more children but their children’s fertility rate will soon match that of the native population.
 
All the more reason to pray the rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet.
 
No, Scandanavia does not have legalised Euthanasia. Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands do.

I believe that approximately every country that has permissive abortion laws and screening ends up aborting Downs Syndrome children in extremely high numbers. Some European countries are very high. But the USA is about 75%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome

It’s all very sad regardless.
 
I know the Lord is merciful. If she were of right mind, she would not have done this. Depression is terrible.

I’m heartbroken for her.
 
I think it’s likely that Europe will become Islamic over the next century or so
And @porthos11.

That seems very unlikely. Currently Europe is approximately 6 percent Muslim. That does not include Turkey, since most of Turkey is in Asia, but it does include Cyprus, the Balkans, and Russia, where there are stable populations of indigenous Muslims who have lived there for hundreds of years. It also includes much smaller indigenous Muslim populations, e.g. in Poland. Furthermore, that figure includes around 8 million Turkish Muslim immigrants who mostly follow a moderate form of Islam that has existed on the borders of Europe, and even inside Europe, for hundreds of years, and which for the past century has been heavily influenced by Turkish secularism.

The Muslim birthrate in Europe will fall over the coming decades and will soon reach parity with the non-Muslim birthrate. As European Muslims become more educated, more affluent, and more influenced by European culture, it is inevitable that they will have fewer and fewer children. Indeed, I predict that European Muslims will increasingly be influenced by European culture to the extent that they will eventually become barely distinguishable from the majority of the European population.

I don’t know where you are from, but I wonder whether possibly you are from somewhere that does not have many Muslims, as your view of Islam in Europe seems somewhat unrealistic. I live in the city where around 12.4 percent of people are Muslims. There appears to be no likelihood that London will in due course become a mostly Muslim city. We also have about 7.5 percent of people who follow the religions of the Indian subcontinent and around 1.8 percent of Londoners who are Jews, although given their birthrate that figure may now be closer to 2 percent. Around half of people in London are Christians, a proportion which is only increased by immigration, e.g. from Africa and from central, eastern, and southeastern Europe, as well as long established communities, e.g. of Greeks, Greek Cypriots, Russians, Italians, and Poles.
 
I am afraid of Islam. I am not afraid of Judaism, or of Sikhism or of Buddhism, all of which are differnet than and from me. But I am afraid of Islam, and so should you.
I got over my fear of the boogeyman when I was a toddler.
There are people willing to help: the problem is getting people to let themselves be helped.
I’d suggest talking to your priest or your localvCatholic charities. They’ll help clear up your misconceptions of this issue.
How on earth out of anything I said did you come to the conclusion that I’m a white supremacist?
Do I have a problem with whites becoming minorities in their own country’s? Yeah, I do.
Believing that there are “white” countries is definitionally a white supremacist belief.
 
Last edited:
France, a nation state made up of the French, descendants of the Germanic Frankish tribes, are white peoples. Ireland, Irish people, descendants of the celts, who are white.

It’s no different than saying the Saudi Arabia is an Arab country. Or that khazakstan is a country for khazaks. Or that Israel is a Jewish nation.

Would I be a black supremacist for saying Ethiopia is a Black Country?
I think the issue here is conflating nationality with ethnicity. So if you say “French people are white” in the ethnic sense, that’s not particularly troubling, although of course ethnic group make up is never static.

If you said “French people are white” in the political sense, it could be read as you saying that whiteness is a required component of being a French citizen/member of French society. A person whose grandparents emigrated from Korea could feel just as “French” in the sense of being a patriotic French citizen as someone whose ancestors have been in France for five hundred years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top