Am stunned that this is allowed

  • Thread starter Thread starter halogirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The headline makes it seem as if thugs from the government decided on euthanasia.

This is not the case, the Hague allows children to request to be euthanized if they have their parent’s permission. This is the law.

It is pretty similar (except WRT age) to the legal assisted suicide in Washington State.

This is a pro-life issue.
 
This is really saddening. Her parents should be ashamed for letting this happen.
I’m disgusted and sad at the same time. Many people would give anything for a healthier body or longer life.
 
Last edited:
She means that this is an issue which falls under the umbrella of pro-life causes, and is something that must be fought against by the pro-life collective.
 
Sorry. Killing is pro-death issue. Death is not life. Not yet, anyway.
 
Sorry. Killing is pro-death issue. Death is not life. Not yet, anyway.
You’re not getting it.

The pro-life cause covers abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide. In other words, those are the targets the pro-life cause seeks to eliminate. That’s what makes this case a pro-life issue.

It’s not pro-life. It’s a “pro-life issue”.
 
If life is death and good is evil, then we are in the grips of evil itself. I understand all the rationalizations and political posturing. But. EVIL is EVIL.
 
One more time.

There are many more issues beyond abortion that pro-life people need to be aware of.

One of them is assisted suicide/euthanasia

Another is IVF

Another is the Death Penalty

Another is Adoption

The list goes on and on.
 
How on earth can they let her go! This has disturbed me beyond measure
 
The same way that the film “Me Before You” was hailed as a beautiful love story.

The same way that people with downs or dwarfism are aborted as an “act of mercy”.
 
these people are euthanizing, aborting and contracepting themselves out of existence. And maybe they should be allowed to suffer the consequences of their foolishness.
What do you mean by this? And what are the consequences?
 
Dying is a pretty bad consequence. Especially state sanctioned suicide.
Of course, but I don’t think that’s what this particular user was referring to. State-sanctioned suicide can’t be a “consequence” of state-sanctioned suicide.
One day progressives might realize what a nightmare world they created.
I think the world we live in is suffering without end, I’m not an advocate of the way things are. I am very sceptical of assisted suicide, which always seems to be employed against those who are the most superfluous to capital.
 
What an awful shame. Google thinks that Scandinavia is the happiest group of countries in the world.

You would think in any first world country, even one that allows suicide they would insist on (name removed by moderator)atient therapy, aggressive attempts in finding the right combinations in psychological and medication therapy. Life is cheap in any place that allows suicide and abortion.

Troubled teens seeing this unfold and reading her writing, my encourage others to do the same. We should pray for her and her country.
 
I gotta say something on this topic…

I went through hell growing up. Absolute hell-on-earth and it left me with scars I am STILL working to overcome. I was diagnosed later with acute, chronic PTSD, depression, and anxiety. I was hospitalized twice. I’ve been through multiple medications, therapists, and psychologists to get straightened around. It was THE CHURCH that provided what I needed to come through it almost TEN YEARS after the fact. Most people gave up on me. A few did not. Thanks to those few who refused to let me quit by taking my own life, I came through and now I have a beautiful son, a wonderful husband, a tremendous life, and I teach which allows me to reach out to students (MANY STUDENTS) who struggle similarly. Just this year I’ve been asked by the school to team with psychologists with suicidal students. They don’t know my history but the report is that I “Somehow has an incredible ability to reach these students and bring them through it.” If only they knew…

Because I had people, and thankfully a government, that wouldn’t let me give up.

This little girl was not doomed to suffer for all her life. This law let her TORMENTORS win. This outcome is devastating and scary for anyone and everyone who struggles with mental health, especially trauma. When you are in the throes of suicidal depression, you CANNOT see any way out. It lasts for days, weeks, months, and in my case YEARS. You are fighting to end things, you want nothing else, and nothing else makes sense. But IT DOES END. And there HAS TO BE others there to keep telling you that and force you to stop until the storm passes. It WILL pass, and when it does…there is a holy fear that settles in your heart at how close you came to death and it makes you value ALL life so much more.

This tells me above all else, that people who struggle to find meaning in life are people that they no longer want to invest resources in to bring out of the muck, and would rather just end them. This hurts on so many levels, this is terrifying on so many levels, and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that should NOT be tolerated in any circumstance! EVER. The people who allow this are doing nothing but taking advantage of someone in the depths of despair in order to see them killed. It’s absolutely disgusting.
 
What an awful shame. Google thinks that Scandinavia is the happiest group of countries in the world.

You would think in any first world country, even one that allows suicide they would insist on (name removed by moderator)atient therapy, aggressive attempts in finding the right combinations in psychological and medication therapy. Life is cheap in any place that allows suicide and abortion.

Troubled teens seeing this unfold and reading her writing, my encourage others to do the same. We should pray for her and her country.
No. Having abandoned God, they being the epitome of a post-Christian world, they are not happy. They may think so but the standards used for “happiness” are the usual criteria: education, basic needs, shelter, finances. And yet we have stories of a teen like this. Compare that to a Christian teen, even one in a poor country, still smiling despite that suffering because she knows Jesus is with her. Look at the impoverished children with bloated tummies running around in countries like the Philippines, barely a bite in their mouths, but with wide smiles. They’re not “happy” by Scandinavian standards. But don’t we think those smiles tell us another story?

And then we have this teen in the “happiest” place in the world asking to die. This is what one goes for without the real Joy: God himself.

These people are deceiving themselves. They may be enjoying life, but they are not “happy.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top