ancestors of Mary

• Thread starter Thread starter villaneweva
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
kpnuts2k:
i belive that some catholics are christains but some (like some protestants) are just sheep who swollow anything their vicars feed them

but i am not saying that you will go to hell for only god knows that and yurself
Ok good, now that this is out of the way…have you read John 6:52 on yet?

I’ll give you a tip about that scripture on ‘all sins being equal’, it’s not in there. When you figure that out, let me know, then we can go from there on the different types of sin.

SV

40.png
kpnuts2k:
brian:

“Also, I’ve noticed how no one is discussing Mary’s sinlessness anymore. I guess we Catholics got our idea across on that one!”

well you havnt got you idea through to me but i have stopped because you seem to be so blind to the truth!
sorry
the biblical truth
That’s too bad, kpnuts2k. I was hoping that since our discussion has moved well beyond the original intent of the thread, maybe you had accepted the Catholic position, or perhaps you were in the midst of at least examining it in more detail. So, since you are still vacillating on this point, perhaps we should resume the pertinent discussion. What leads you to believe that Mary was sinful?

I don’t feel that I’m “blind to the truth … the biblical truth,” as you suggest. I was raised Southern Baptist, and my mother knows more about the King James and NIV Bibles than anyone I know, Catholic or Protestant (she’s still Southern Baptist). I would say that I’ve got a fairly good grasp of Scripture, but I certainly don’t portend to know it all.

I think what separates us right now is the willingness to examine ideas rationally. I’m pretty confident in my faith, but I am open to hearing your (and others’) ideas on theological matters. I think this is great fun, personally. Likewise, you are very confident in your faith, you seemingly enjoy yourself, yet you seem to be closed to ideas that contradict or challenge your faith.

Additionally, I am disheartened by some of the argumentative tactics that you employ. You change the subject frequently, are extremely inquisitive, but you rarely answer the questions you are directly presented with. For example:
40.png
Brian:
Is everything in the Bible to be taken literally in your view? You seem to be indicating as much with your adherence to Biblical standards of women’s clothing.

So if that is the case, what do you make of Mark 16:17-18? Do you all practice snake handling in your congregation? Do you drink poison?

How do you reconcile literal interpretations with John 6:51-56, wherein most mainline Protestent denominations (and yourself) eschew the clearly literal command of God that we eat his flesh and drink his blood?
Why did you ignore all of this context and only focus on my last two sentences? You brought up these issues, why won’t you address them?

40.png
villaneweva:
Ok, so the Blessed Mother was sinless, what about her ancestors, were they sinless as well?
OK AFTER READING THIS, I HAVE SEEN THAT THIS THREAD HAS GONE FAR FROM THE ORIGINAL QUESTION. WELL, WE CALL MARY’S PARENTS LIKE NICKNAMES IF IM RIGHT. FOR EXAMPLE, A MOVIESTAR OR SINGER, CHANGES THEIR NAME FROM WHATEVER IT WAS BEFORE TO SOMETHING NEW, SO WE KNOW THEN BY THAT NAME, WELL THATS KINDA LIKE WHAT WE HAVE DONE, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN SHE DIDN’T HAVE PARENTS. NO THEY WERE NOT SINLESS EITHER.

**Notice:

Thank you to all those who have participated in this discussion. This thread is now closed.**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back