Not open for further replies.
40.png
cornerstone:
i would love to discuss it. lets get our Bibles and find it
Find me “Sola Scriptura” in the Bible.

40.png
kpnuts2k:
do women in go to mass with pearls if so are they asked to take them off

the same with plaites in their hair if they wear them are they asked to take them out?
We don’t search everyone to see if they have pearls. Women don’t wear plates in there hair in todays culture. This is irrelevant anyways. It has nothing to do with faith.

40.png
kpnuts2k:
my church allows contrseption but they do not encorage remarage and i would never have an abortion

but please answer the question are women told to take their brades and pearls out?
Contraception is totally against the teachings of the bible. Here is an example from the bible.

“Juda therefore said to Onan his son: 'Go in to thy [deceased] brother’s wife and marry her, that thou mayst raise seed to thy brother. He knowing that the children should not be his, when he went in to his brother’s wife, spilled his seed upon the ground, lest children should be born in his brother’s name. And therefore the Lord slew him, because he did a detestable thing.” (Genesis 38:8-10)

if you think that you must be blind
look at firls going to school some will have plaits or braides in their hair

agin please answer the question

would they be asked to take them out?

40.png
kpnuts2k:
then why cant a woman be the pope?
Because that would be against the teachings of Christ I think Christ was very clear about this when he decided not to choose any women as apostles. He chose all men. So we would be going against the bible if we did have a woman as pope.

40.png
kpnuts2k:

You need to start answering questions if you expect others to answer yours.

Until you show that the Bible says you can’t wear pearls or braids then your question is a moot point.

Instead of asking banal questions, why don’t you get back to searching the Bible for the answer to my question from yesterday?

SV

40.png
kpnuts2k:

I already answered no. But, seriously, who filled your mind with this stuff?

40.png
jimmy:
Because that would be against the teachings of Christ I think Christ was very clear about this when he decided not to choose any women as apostles. He chose all men. So we would be going against the bible if we did have a woman as pope.
but someone said erlyer that that was the culture…

look at girls going to school some will have plaits or braides in their hair

40.png
kpnuts2k:

I answered the question. It has nothing to do with the teachings of Christ so we don’t bother with it. What are you talking about plates in there hair. There is nowhere where it says that you can’t have braids in your hair in the bible.

40.png
germys9:
I already answered no. But, seriously, who filled your mind with this stuff?
well look at 1 tim 2 and he says that women may not wear pearls…

40.png
kpnuts2k:
but someone said erlyer that that was the culture…

look at girls going to school some will have plaits or braides in their hair

I never said it was only the culture of the Bible that had anything to do with a woman pope. You were trying to discredit catholics by saying that we had women vicars (which by the way do you even know who the vicar is) and my point was that during the time of the apostles, women were not even allowed to speak in the churhces in general. Then I said that I had been to protestant churhes where women did actually get up and speak before the congregation. That particular thing was more of the culture of the time which is diffferent than American culture 2000 years later. As for women popes or priests, that’s a doctrine that comes from Christ and the apostles and will never be changed.

40.png
kpnuts2k:
Ok do you understand that the Bible is a middle eastern book addressing middle eastern culture 2000 or so years ago?

You still have not answered why your Church allows contraception…among other questions.

SV

40.png
kpnuts2k:
Again that was part of the culture of the apostles. That is not a binding command from St. Paul on us as christians today. Do you really think Jesus told St. Pual that women were never allowed to wear pearls? In Philemon, St. Paul is writing to a slaveowner and only says that he should treat his slaves kindly but doesn’t condemn him. Would you say that slavery is okay? I doubt it. Some things can change with time and culture (but never the teachings of the Catholic Church)

Another point - James tells us to confess our sins to one another. Do you do that?

Jesus tells us to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Do you do that?

so if you say that this is addressing old values then shouldn’t women be able to lead a church or be the pope

i will be asking my youth leader about contraseption thank you for bringing that to my attention

y do catholics not allow it?

40.png
germys9:
Again that was part of the culture of the apostles. That is not a binding command from St. Paul on us as christians today. Do you really think Jesus told St. Pual that women were never allowed to wear pearls? In Philemon, St. Paul is writing to a slaveowner and only says that he should treat his slaves kindly but doen’t condemn him. Would you say that slavery is okay? I doubt it. Some things can change with time and culture (but never the teachings of the Catholic Church)

Another point - James tells us to confess our sins to one another. Do you do that?

Jesus tells us to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Do you do that?
i dont go to confestion but i talk with my friends and i share that i am struggling with and tjhey pray for me

jesus doesnt say to eat and drink his flesh and blood he says to remeber him every time we eat and drink wine

40.png
kpnuts2k:
so if you say that this is addressing old values then shouldn’t women be able to lead a church or be the pope

i will be asking my youth leader about contraseption thank you for bringing that to my attention

Do you really not understand the differnce in a cultural practice and something like women not being clergy? Does your Church allow women clergy?

What is your denomination?

SV

40.png
kpnuts2k:

As I said above, the practice of only men being priests, bishops, or the pope comes Jesus Christ himself and has been constant ever since the beginning of Christianity when the apostles only ordained men.

Contraception in the catholic church is not allowed under any circumstances because it goes against the will of God. No christians allowed contraceptives for over 1900 years of christianity until it was changed in the 20th century. Now only the catholic church stands firm to the teachings of the apostles and still does not allow it.

40.png
kpnuts2k:
i dont go to confestion but i talk with my friends and i share that i am struggling with and tjhey pray for me

jesus doesnt say to eat and drink his flesh and blood he says to remeber him every time we eat and drink wine
Oh maybe you want to read thru your Bible again…you really think Jesus didn’t say we must drink His blood and eat His flesh??? Perhaps your Bible has been edited. You better look again.

Start with John 6:52 and go forward.

SV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back