Another Koran-kissing moment

  • Thread starter Thread starter montanaman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

montanaman

Guest
Sigh.

I’ve seen it reported that B16 prayed in the direction of Mecca on his trip the way Muslims do. Doesn’t he know how much work that creates for us? Lol.

Whoever handles his PR is going to have a lot of work on his hands. Oh wait–that’s us! Sigh…
 
I don’t think God minds which direction we face when we pray to Him? I’m not so bothered that he prayed toward Mecca… after all, we KNOW who our dear Pope is praying to. Hopefully his prayers included, “Help them Jesus to come to know YOU!” 👍
 
Sigh.

I’ve seen it reported that B16 prayed in the direction of Mecca on his trip the way Muslims do. Doesn’t he know how much work that creates for us? Lol.

Whoever handles his PR is going to have a lot of work on his hands. Oh wait–that’s us! Sigh…
Lot’s of my compadres will have a field day with this, assuming it’s true. However, since the pope isn’t Muslim I wouldn’t assume anything sinister.

Anyway, I don’t think John Paul should have kissed the koran but I don’t think he was trying to equate the koran with our scriptures either.
 
The Pope was in a Muslim nation and he was already walking a thin line with his continued affirmations that religion and violence don’t mix. As both a religious leader and a national leader he has certain obligations and showing general respect toward a nation’s cultural expressions is part of that.

My personal belief is that he has walked a very good line between sticking his guns while not being antagonistic. It’s a hard walk and I don’t envy him.
 
Sigh.

I’ve seen it reported that B16 prayed in the direction of Mecca on his trip the way Muslims do. Doesn’t he know how much work that creates for us? Lol.

Whoever handles his PR is going to have a lot of work on his hands. Oh wait–that’s us! Sigh…
Yeah, I wonder what possible good comes of doing things like that. It scandalizes Catholics and other Christians and Muslims don’t give a flying you-know-what because he’s still representing a false religion in their eyes–but he just doesn’t appear as convicted of it as Muslims are to their religion. 😦
 
I have prayed in the direction of Mecca before, in the course of my life I have probably prayed in all 360 degrees.

Just because the Pope was praying while a Muslim was praying doesn’t mean he was praying the way a Muslim prays or to the thing that he was praying to.
 
The kissing of the Koran and praying in a common manner with a religion of satan are both very very wrong and send the wrong message… I was quite proud of your Pope for having the onions to speak up against the muslims a month ago. But if this is true it sure seems all for nothing.
 
Since when is praying to God a sin or wrong in any way? Just because he was at a mosque, he should not pray? I don’t get it.
 
C’mon your a Catholic, you understand symbolism. Don’t you.
 
My personal belief is that he has walked a very good line between sticking his guns while not being antagonistic. It’s a hard walk and I don’t envy him.
I tend to agree. He’s done a good job. I was in both the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia late October. The altar (what’s left) of the latter faces approximately due East towards Mecca.

I was in two minds whether to go in the Blue Mosque but I met a Catholic priest from the U.S. who told me it was fine.

Yes, the anti-Catholic attacks on Benedict’s visit have already started. Sensible stuff like he condoned polygamy, prayed with infidels, called Islam equal to Christianity, and on, and on, and on, and on. As ever:) .
 
C’mon your a Catholic, you understand symbolism. Don’t you.
If you go to a Catholic church for a wedding or some other function, and the priest says “Let us pray”, do you immediately turn around away from the Crucifix or any statues in the building? Do you immediatly walk out because you do not agree in total with the religion? I doubt it. You would probably quietly pray in your own manner.

Similar to the way the Pope did.
 
If you go to a Catholic church for a wedding or some other function, and the priest says “Let us pray”, do you immediately turn around away from the Crucifix or any statues in the building? Do you immediatly walk out because you do not agree in total with the religion? I doubt it. You would probably quietly pray in your own manner.

Similar to the way the Pope did.
Do not agree in total? I consider most of the content of your preaching Christian…
Muslims, my friend are a whole different story.
 
Lot’s of my compadres will have a field day with this, assuming it’s true. However, since the pope isn’t Muslim I wouldn’t assume anything sinister.

Anyway, I don’t think John Paul should have kissed the koran but I don’t think he was trying to equate the koran with our scriptures either.
I can picture my self kissing the koran while focusing on the fact that Jesus, Mary and saints are mentioned in it.
 
I can picture my self kissing the koran while focusing on the fact that Jesus, Mary and saints are mentioned in it.
Ick! are you kidding me? You think they give Jesus the proper respect our Lord and Saviour expects,deserves and demands. Gimme a break!!!
 
“Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.” (1 Corinthians 9:19-22)

Just a gentle reminder from the Word of God for my “Bible Only” brethren. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top