Anti-God TV Shows, sick of them

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dark_Warrior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“However, you are missing one of my points: Bones is portrayed as the kind of person for whom any time you had to spend with her would be deducted from your time in Purgatory.”

LOL!
 
i just watched a show i had never seen before. i was aware of it but hadnt seen it. its always sunny in philiadelphia.

worse than any of these listed by far.

priests being seduced to leave the priest hood, urinating on an image of the blessed mother, and then ‘teabagging’ an unconcious man.

all of this encouraged and thought up by the main characters, all of whom are ‘catholic’
This just drives me into anger.:mad:
 
i don’t know what teabagging means either, so don’t feel bad. something tells me that it doesn’t mean throwing wet tea bags at someone though.
 
you do realize Booth is an actor, right? 😉

I highly doubt he’s beyond “most” Catholics on the understanding of the Eucharist.
Actually, when I said Booth, I was referring to the character on the TV series as portrayed by the actor. I have no idea what the actor believes but am referring to the lines the writers give him to recite. Someone doing the writing knows what the Church teaches about the Eucharist. I used ‘Booth’ because it’s shorter and I’m usually writing these things on my cell phone.

Actually, I believe the last study I saw said that 60% of American Catholics don’t know or don’t believe that the Eucharist is the body and blood of Jesus. Hence my amazement that someone in Hollywood would/could create a character who did.

Gary
 
you do realize that Bones is about an actual real person Kathy Reichs
Trivia -Born in 1950, in Chicago. Her Occupation is Forensic anthropologist,
Kathleen Joan “Kathy” Reichs is native of Chicago and works as a forensic anthropologist, an academic, She is a Professor of anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

She is also an author and has written about her life, and she is an atheist, hence the premise of her character in the show.

I watch Bones and I like the show. I think her whole personality is atheistic, her thinking is totally atheistic . It is in no way detrimental to me being Catholic, I think the characater of Booth is interesting in the fact that he is Catholic. I have actually asked people that I know who are not Catholic what they think when she rankles on Christianity. They have all said they don’t pay any attention to that, first it is just a tv show, secondly that is just who she is an atheist why would she say anything different.
I know the show is based on her but how close is it to reality. There are a lot of errors in the program. For example, you don’t do a DNA test in a matter of hours.

The field of forensic anthropology always seemed interesting to me. It probably plays a part in why I like the show. I got a BA in anthropology when I was in college and the semester after I graduated they introduced a class in it.

I thought it would be cool to start a new field: forensic theology. Helping the cops work with ritualistic murders and any aspect about the crime that might have something to do with religion.

Gary
 
i don’t know what teabagging means either, so don’t feel bad. something tells me that it doesn’t mean throwing wet tea bags at someone though.
just trust me then its bad. however if you really want to know odds are wikipedia can tell you. that site has almost everything on earth.
 
I thought it would be cool to start a new field: forensic theology. Helping the cops work with ritualistic murders and any aspect about the crime that might have something to do with religion.

Gary
Fr. Koesler already beat you to it! In a series of books by Kienzle, the priest acts as a consultant to the police on cases involving Catholic theology/sociology/culture. For instance, in the first one, “The Rosary Murders”, the premise is that someone is killing religion, first a nun then a priest then… and Fr. Koesler figures out that it’s the old penance, 10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers. In another, he’s dealing with someone using santeria to bump off crime figures, etc.
 
“Father Murphy,” as I understand it, was about an Episcopalian.
Nope. Fr. Murphy was about an outlaw who disguised himself as a priest (Franciscan, IIRC) and somehow became a guardian over a bunch of orphans out west in the Little House on the Prairie time period (post civil war, pre-widespread electricity).
 
I know the show is based on her but how close is it to reality. There are a lot of errors in the program. For example, you don’t do a DNA test in a matter of hours.

The field of forensic anthropology always seemed interesting to me. It probably plays a part in why I like the show. I got a BA in anthropology when I was in college and the semester after I graduated they introduced a class in it.

I thought it would be cool to start a new field: forensic theology. Helping the cops work with ritualistic murders and any aspect about the crime that might have something to do with religion.

Gary
Everyone knows that you can’t do DNA in a matter of hrs, this is a TV show so they can, otherwise there would be no show.🙂
 
Fr. Koesler already beat you to it! In a series of books by Kienzle, the priest acts as a consultant to the police on cases involving Catholic theology/sociology/culture. For instance, in the first one, “The Rosary Murders”, the premise is that someone is killing religion, first a nun then a priest then… and Fr. Koesler figures out that it’s the old penance, 10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers. In another, he’s dealing with someone using santeria to bump off crime figures, etc.
I had heard of the book but never knew what it was about. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks.

Gary
 
Everyone knows that you can’t do DNA in a matter of hrs, this is a TV show so they can, otherwise there would be no show.🙂
Am I that hard to understand?

My comment about the DNA test was in response to someone mentioning that the series is based on Katherine Reich. I wondered how accurate the portrayal was and used the DNA test to show that they take liberties with the facts. I was wondering if Reich is really like Bones or did Hollywood play loose with the character.

Gary
 
Whenever Bones makes a comment or a “speech” about Christianity, down grading it, Booth never refutes the claims and leaves the viewers thinking that he’s irrational and delusional like all atheists think.
That’s amazing. Thanks for pointing out that last time I watched Bones, I was left thinking that Christianity is irrational, delusional, et cetera. You see, I thought I was thinking that Bones’s sound-bite, pseudo-arguments against Christianity were shallow and barely worthy of response.

– Mark L. Chance.
 
Am I that hard to understand?

My comment about the DNA test was in response to someone mentioning that the series is based on Katherine Reich. I wondered how accurate the portrayal was and used the DNA test to show that they take liberties with the facts. I was wondering if Reich is really like Bones or did Hollywood play loose with the character.

Gary
No I understand you, what I don’t understand is what difference does it make if the show is not an accurate portrayal of her.

It is based on her life and her work, and the fact that she is an atheist. She is consulted on all the episodes, it is just a TV show loosly based on her character so of course it is not totally accurate. I don’t know why anyone would think that it is.:confused:
 
No I understand you, what I don’t understand is what difference does it make if the show is not an accurate portrayal of her.

It is based on her life and her work, and the fact that she is an atheist. She is consulted on all the episodes, it is just a TV show loosly based on her character so of course it is not totally accurate. I don’t know why anyone would think that it is.:confused:
Strictly a matter of my own curiosity. Hollywood often plays fast and loose with facts for the sake of the story or promoting their own agenda or whatever.

Gary
 
I’m so tired of all these anti-God tv shows lately. Especially “Bones” and “House.” While I admit House is interesting, I’m just sick of all the negativity and lack of respect for faith, Bones makes me madder than most, the main character mostly, always claiming there’s no God and making all people of Faith sound ridiculous and superstitious. And while the second main character Booth sticks up for God, there’s never anything positive, Bones sets forth reasons for God’s nonexistence and they’re never refuted. How does that make it sound to the million of viewers?
I haven’t watched a TV drama since the 90s. Maybe.

More and more I find myself either watching EWTN, or maybe shows like Deadliest Catch, and anything that takes me inside a factory, or a good cooking show, and that’s it.
 
The episode of ‘House’ where the baby reaches out from the womb and grabs his finger was aired on the USA Network last night. Sorry I didn’t know about it in advance.

Gary
 
Don’t ask. Take my word for it. Don’t ask.
I tea bagged an opponent on the internet game battlefield 42 once. his name was I_hate_catholics. We had a long running religious (debating) feud going on. unfortunately for me… someone from his clan fraped it, and i was given a two week ban.
ON the point of anti religious shows. i guess 99% of shows these days are. it’s the “in " thing to do.
There is a show here in Australia called kath and kim. it has just been up by an American station and had it “Americanised”.
Well the show was always mute when it came to religion never talked about it. except for one episode when kath and her husband kel. went to italy and went on a da vinci code tour. where they went around to all the locations featured in the movie and the book. and they both came back totally convinced that it was all true. and through out the show. there was this albino monk who was after them. and they were convinced it was the monk from the movie/book. Any way to cut a long story short. it turns out it was just a rep from the tour company asking them if they wanted to buy the franchise for their local area. and at the end of the show kath and kim were sitting out the back of their house talking over wether or not they should take up the offer. and kath the mother at one point says. " i don’t know kim i might do it. who would have thought that Jesus and mary would have had walked the streets of 'possum point all those years ago?” take in mind that possum point is one of those new estate suburbs that sprung up in the late 90’s early 2000’s. I just found it funny and surprising that a very secular show. would portray people who believed in things like the da vinci code as gullible idiots.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top