Any Black Lives Matter Catholics here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WillPhillips
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police are charged with keeping the peace. Seems to me those officers failed miserably.
 
I invite you to read what BLM believes
This is why I say I don’t support BLM. If you say something critical about the group, the response is usually “oh, so I guess you don’t care about innocent people getting shot by cops, then.” But that’s only an aspect of what they’re about. It’s just another broadly radical left-wing group. I can be opposed to excessive use of force by cops and not be interested in disrupting the nuclear family structure.

Of course, they’re as entitled to their beliefs as anyone, but any defense of them that portrays them as just opposed to racism and interested in police reform is seriously misleading.
 
Last edited:
Completely agree. It is a loose coalition of all different kinds of left-wing groups and activists. It’s fluid, changes all the time, and there is little or no oversight to make sure that everybody who says they’re affiliated is following the purported guiding principles of the group.

I personally avoid joining groups and movements in general. I’m even suspicious of many Catholic groups, or groups endorsed by members of the Church. It’s too easy for them to go way off track. In the US, where individual rights are emphasized, one can certainly stand as an individual for principles of peace and justice and lives mattering, without needing to march under the banner of some movement. Many such movements end up being about getting power and attention for their leaders rather than getting justice or positive change for the people.
 
Last edited:
BLM did that… ? Or, it is possible that some individuals saw an opportunity to cause destruction. I didn’t say that I was a supporter. I just believe that we should know what their mission is. Many supporters have spoken out about the rioting. We can’t honestly sit here and say that BLM is promoting rioting. If I am wrong, please show me.
 
Which I can agree with you on; however, there are people on this forum that are spreading misinformation.
 
Last edited:
Black and brown Americans continue to speak out against police misconduct and pervasive racism across the United StatesImagine the beautiful symbol of accompaniment the church could provide if we saw priests and religious in collars standing in solidarity with activists (whom President Trump has tarred as “[thugs" demanding that our country be a better place for black Americans.
Anyone full of Hatred who performs Violence and Destruction are thugs…
 
Last edited:
Do you have a factual basis for this assertion?
I’m not sure why you would assume I would make the assertion without a “factual basis”. I’m not somebody who gets all emotional over BLM. It’s just another organization to me, to be honest.

Wikipedia and its many sources for this article provide good “factual basis”. For a controversial article such as one on BLM, the Wiki article would be very well policed by the Wikiproject editors.

 
Last edited:
How come nothing about Whites? Anti-White Racism?

Jesus allows ZERO Marxian Justification of violence and destruction…

All lives matter… Including White Lives.

All else is divisive - of Satan
 
The attack on the CNN building was on the front page earlier today, I saw it there.

Probably got pushed off by whatever the latest crisis du jour is.
 
Last edited:
I’m not sure why you would assume I would make the assertion without a “factual basis”.
Why do you assume that I made such and assumption?

As you can see from my post, I was focusing on the assertion that BLM is a loose confederate of terrorist groups. A factual listing of left-wing groups and activist might help dispel the idea that it is a loose coalition of terrorist groups.
 
I assumed it because otherwise, why would you ask me about it?

I did not say BLM was a coalition of “terrorist groups”. I do not consider activist groups to be terrorist groups, in general. I think the behavior of individual members of said groups can cross the line into terrorist activities from time to time.

The issue, as Roland explained it, is that these left groups have all kinds of different platforms and even if a group is not terroristic, I don’t want to be somehow supporting a group that’s anti-family or pro-Communist or whatever.
 
Last edited:
I assumed it because otherwise, why would you ask me about it?
Already answered.
I did not say BLM was a coalition of “terrorist groups”. I do not consider activist groups to be terrorist groups, in general.
Neither do I. I like to facilitate the making of a clear distinction on a thread in which the discussion includes a mix of confederations of activists on the one hand, and terrorists on the other.
 
I like to facilitate the making of a clear distinction on a thread in which the discussion includes a mix of confederations of activists on the one hand, and terrorists on the other.
The distinction is probably lost on the business owners whose buildings were burned and looted.
 
The distinction is probably lost on the business owners whose buildings were burned and looted.
Are you among them? Is the distinction lost on you too?
And was it BLM folk who burned and looted?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top