Any Black Lives Matter Catholics here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WillPhillips
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non-American, it appears that America is imploding on its self and is heading for a civil war.
 
I think black lives matter, but I’m not sure the movement is going to be effect regardless of what anyone does.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone imagine Trump has an idea of restoring things. How? Have you heard it?
 
Hi! I definitely sympathize with the cause, even though I don’t like to join political movements. There should definitely be better vetting of police newcomers as the cost of a bad apple joining can be devastating. I read there’s a concerted effort by national socialists ad their sympathizers to join police and the military, not only to get combat training but also to harass and even murder people from groups they hate, such as black people. Extreme vetting needs to happen so the force can be free of these folks and have a good reputation that most of the officers deserve.
That, AND there needs to be very serious consequences for those bad apples who tarnish the reputations of their police departments. However, if whole police departments are filled with bad apples, then they deserve the bad reputations they get.
 
Trump is now in an underground bunker and a semi trailer has ploughed into protestors.

Pray for an end to this
 
You lost me on that. Where are you referring to with the official apartheid system?
You didn’t see “A black man walking the street in Clayton, Mo is a lot less likely to be assaulted or killed by cops than a white man walking the street in East St. Louis is to be assaulted or killed by the gangs”?

That’s some false comparing there of the country’s police power and street crime. ‘Official apartheid system’ is just an illustration of how bad it could be. That’s worse than street crime, believe me.
 
Don’t know about the underground bunker but in the two videos I saw with the label of tractor-trailer ploughs into protesters, neither driver hit anyone. The protesters were blocking interstate highways which the trucks were traversing.
 
The trucker was arrested because that section of the freeway was closed due to protesters. Thank God no one was killed or seriously injured.
 
Last edited:
Usually when someone says a vehicle ploughed into something, the thing ploughed into is actually hit, and the vehicle and the thing ploughed into are damaged, the latter usually badly.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Car ploughs through bus stop and into tree
 
The news reports I saw didn’t use the word “plough”; however, he was going full speed on a part of the freeway that was closed. It appears to be intentional for which he has been arrested. Nevertheless, it’s very troubling. I can’t speak to the other incident.
 
Coming back to this thread is wow. Not sure how moderators are letting this go.

I posted a (Catholic) article about how the Church could lead in supporting Black lives. And the word “terrorist” is mentioned over a dozen times? Disgraceful. No wonder there’s no Black folks here.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top