Any Black Lives Matter Catholics here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WillPhillips
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m here. There are a few more. I honestly don’t know why I keep coming back. I’m so glad that God is inclusive, because reading some of these posts are very uncharitable at times.
 
Last edited:
Coming back to this thread is wow. Not sure how moderators are letting this go.

I posted a (Catholic) article about how the Church could lead in supporting Black lives. And the word “terrorist” is mentioned over a dozen times? Disgraceful. No wonder there’s no Black folks here.
How do you know there aren’t any African American posters on these forums?
 
How can Catholics help lead the fight against racism?
(Title of article posted)

Do the opposite of what’s occurring here.
 
How can Catholics help lead the fight against racism?
(Title of article posted)
Ending abortion would be an excellent start. It kills more minorities than anything else does.

Planned Parenthood was literally founded by a . . . eugenicist, Margaret Sanger, . . . who published articles from a Nazi eugenicist doctor in the years prior to WWII, Dr. Ernst Rudin.

Edit: thanks to the moderator who edited this.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for commenting. Seems references to terrorism and Hitler are popular within this topic
 
Don’t know about the underground bunker but in the two videos I saw with the label of tractor-trailer ploughs into protesters, neither driver hit anyone. The protesters were blocking interstate highways which the trucks were traversing.
Driver has been charged, although he is lucky to be alive, those who dragged him out of the truck should also be charged. Trump is in a bunker used in times of crisis.
 
Coming back to this thread is wow. Not sure how moderators are letting this go.

I posted a (Catholic) article about how the Church could lead in supporting Black lives. And the word “terrorist” is mentioned over a dozen times? Disgraceful. No wonder there’s no Black folks here.
There is a massive emerging situation sinceyou began this thread, we have been discussing the events occuring.

Trump is tweeting he is going to label Antifa a terrorist group,
 
The protesters were blocking the road? Lol.
That’s like ," he was blocking the path of the bullet."
 
How can Catholics help lead the fight against racism?
(Title of article posted)

Do the opposite of what’s occurring here.
Ever been subject to racism on a blatantly personal level? If the answer is yes start there. Grass roots
 
On TV the crowd looked like kids of every race, all over the nation.
 
I agree those people were rioting over injustice that included racism.
 
I agree those people were rioting over injustice that included racism.
Rioting over injustice or using the tragedy as a pretext to steal and start a race war? 🤔

I think I’ll go with the ladder.
 
I saw almost as many whites as blacks on TV and I watched for a few hours. It was young people predominantly, but definitely racially diverse. All protesting together.
I don’t see race war in that bunch.
In terms of looting, you always seem to have looters in those types of situations.
The standing order in the San Fran earthquake of 1906 was shoot to kill all suspect looters. There was nothing political about the looting.
Those terrorists , if anything, had no regard for property.
 
Last edited:
I saw almost as many whites as blacks on TV and I watched for a few hours. It was young people predominantly, but definitely racially diverse. All protesting together.
This is untrue. It seems that most of the rioting is coming from the African-American and Hispanic community. Anyone that has been watching TV knows that.

That saddens me since I’m Hispanic myself.
 
Don’t be to sad. I saw hundreds of white young people on TV last night. I know what white people look like
 
i haven’t read the entire thread so pardon me if others have always mentioned this but:

This forum tends to skew towards older demographics so you will often be hard-pressed to find very… liberal? stances.

I think most people here, however, would say they support racial equality. but fewer people would say they support blm. the same way most people here would say that while they support gender equality, they do not identify as feminists. it’s about the inherent politicizing of a title which causes many to shy away from the term.

not saying I personally think that way; that’s simply how a lot of (especially older) folks tend to think. I’m a 20 year old woman and one of the more “liberal” people on this site haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top